I Am 50 and Fair Skinned, Could Chemical Peel Improve my Old Looking Hands?

I am 50 and fair skinned. Do you think a chemical peel could improve my old looking hands? I moiturize & exfoliate regularly..

Treatment For Aged Hands

+1

If your concerned about texture or brown spots, I would recommend a chemical peel or a few Fraxel re:store treatments. For continued maintenance care, I woud use a moisturizer with a alpha hydroxy acid. If  you are more concerned with volume loss, a filler like Radiesse would work quite well. 

Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Peels for old hands

+1

If dark spots are making your hands look old then a peel might be just what the doctor orders. My nurses always have their hands out when I am about to put my TCA away. A more agressive treatment for more sun damage would be laser treatment. If you don't like the veins and loss of volume then Radiesse is a fast easy fix. Just make sure to consult with someone with experience in this. 

Web reference: http://brookwooddermatology.com

Birmingham Dermatologist

Chemical Peels for Hands

+1

I really depends on what's making them "old looking" to you. If it's discoloration, brown spots, and general aging, then it can help a bit. However, I usually recommend IPL or Photofacial in this case because those treatments are much more effective and offer longer-term results. If it's veins and loss of fullness, then a chemical peel won't help; that would be sclerotherapy injections or filler. I would suggest you see a dermatologist or plastic surgeon for evaluation. And if you do decide to do a chemical peel, make sure you do it at a physician's office - I've seen a lot of bad reactions from bad chemical peels over the years from untrained users.

Chemical peels and laser treatments can rejuvenate off face areas

+1

Chemical peels can help rejuvenate the skin of the hands. I have been happier with the new Fraxel Thulium (1927nm) laser for treating discoloration/sun spots of face, chest, arms and hands. Several treatments may be needed and sun protection is very important to avoid recurrence of the spots.