I'm 53. Will a doctor do a tummy tuck on me? There's nothing else wrong with me, just overweight.

I have had three kids almost 32 years ago and now very well done with that, I'm just over with diabetes and have lost 80 pounds, no more bs high and doing really well now ready for this, need cost of a full tummy tuck

+1
    Age alone will not prevent you from having a tummy tuck.   If you are healthy and a good candidate, you can have the tummy tuck.

TT

+1
Congratulations on the weight loss! Without a photo it's hard to say for sure, but it sounds like you would be a great candidate for a tummy tuck procedure. I suggest scheduling a consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area to discuss the procedure more in detail. Good luck!

C. Andrew Salzberg, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tucks on patients of all ages

+1
53 is so young!  :)
Yes, I have done tummy tucks and other body contouring procedures on women 53 and older.  They have all done very well.  I would just need to have clearance from your internist before surgery.  Thanks for your question!

Dr. Schreiber

Baltimore plastic surgeon

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

#Tummytuck in your 50's

+1
First, congratulations on taking control of your life and your lifestyle and on losing weight. My suspicion is that you are now dealing with the long term costs of extra weight. . .extra skin.  Most women who have had children, and especially those who have also gone through significant weight loss, have three problems.
First, they have extra skin
Second, they have weakness of the six pack muscles causing a bulge that won't go away with weight loss
Third, they have lost the curvy shape of their waistline as a result of the above two factors.
The solution can include a tummy tuck but a tummy tuck can come in many different forms. There is nothing about your age that restricts what type of tummy tuck you can have. It may help you and your doctor make decisions as more or less surgery can be offered depending upon what we are starting with.
I have included a reference to photos of a patient who had the surgery in her 50's and is doing wonderfully.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon