I'm 5'0", 105 Lbs, and Currently a 32A. Will 350cc Be Too Large for Someone my Size?

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Implant size question

+1

To answer your question will require a physical exam.  Implant size selection depends on several variables.  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.
Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Will 350cc implants be too large for me?

+1

Not seeing photos, it is difficult to tell.  The best way to tell is to try implant sizers in a stretch bra in consultation with your surgeon, and if that added volume gives you a total breast mound volume that you are pleased with, then it is not too large for you.  If it, in your opinion, makes you look "top heavy", then it is too large for you. It all depends on your goals, for these differ from patient to patient.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Sizing of Breast Implants

+1

It’s hard to say without a photo which placement fits you the best. There are various factors regarding how you want your breasts to look and feel, but if you and your doctor have a good, open line of communication, you shouldn’t need to go back and forth on your decision. A major factor that effects how breast implants look and feel is whether they're inserted over or under the chest (pectoral) muscle. I do submammary and submuscular implants, inserting the implants under the breast tissue and over the muscle through an incision in the breast fold. The result is fabulous: perkiness with barely a trace of scar.  

If you want the most natural-looking breast you'll need a subpectoral implant, in which the implant is placed under the muscle. This procedure also requires the merest incision - about three centimeters in the crease under the breast or at the edge of the nipple -- and diminishes the incidence of capsular contracture, the formation of hard scar tissue around the implant which occurs in 10 to 30 percent of cases.  

Subpectoral implants aren't right for everyone, though. If you have saggy breasts, an implant placed under the muscle won't fill out that empty breast sack, and you'll get what we call the "double bubble" look, where the implant is situated next to your armpit and the breast hangs several inches below it. Instead, you can have a procedure called augmentation mastopexy, in which the implant is placed under the muscle and the skin on the breast is lifted and tightened.  

In short, you must know -- realistically -- what you are starting with, as well as what you want to look like when surgery is done. Do you want a natural appearance or a round, perky look? These are some of the factors I weigh with my patients when evaluating what type of procedure to do. 

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Implant Size

+1

It is difficult to answer the question because the choice of an implant is based on breast width, skin envelope elasticity and volume present, i.e. physical exam. As for a 350cc implant , is it moderate plus, high profile? A moderate profile vs a moderate plus vs a high profile have different dimensions. The 350 has a width of 12cm. If this correlates with your natural breast with then a 350 might be ok . But if your breast width is very narrow then the implant will over power the skin envelope and it will be to big. Your BMI is 20. Your are petite. A board certified plastic surgeon should be able to augment you proportionately.

Paul Albear, MD

Breast augmentation, breast implants

+1
It is really difficult to determine the maximum size implant you chest can accommodate without a measurement of your chest diameter. The largest imp,ant would be a high profile that fits your chest/breast diameter. Anything larger will either come together in the midline or stick out under you armpit. Good luck

David L. Abramson, MD

Breast size is a personal decision

+1

Breast size is a personal decision that only you will be able to make. Given your frame and available skin envelop it is possible that the 350cc implant will 'fit'. The key decision is how you wish to look, not friends or others. You should let your surgeon know your goals, and trust him to choose the implant to get it right.

peterejohnsonmd

Is 350cc implant right for me?

+1

Choosing implant size is part art and part science.  You and your surgeon need to take your individual body characteristics and personal desires into account to try to achieve a great result.  We have found that body and breast measurements are very helpful in obtaining terrific results.  It is impossible to tell whether 350cc implants will be best for you without seeing photos and knowing a few key measurements.  Before and after photos of results that you like are always helpful in illustrating what your goals are.

Jeffrey E. Kyllo, MD

Size Of Implant

+1

You should have a sizing session with a BC plastic surgeon at which time you can "try on" different sized implants to see what volume increase suits you best.  The plastic surgeon can then assist you in selecting an implant which will give you a natural look.  i don't think a 350cc implant will be too large for you, but try not to fixate on cc'c.

John Whitt, MD

Implant sizing

+1

If you look on the internet, you can probably find ten different people your same height, weight, and body frame.  They may all have different sized implants and they may all look good.  Breast augmentation surgery is not like putting bumpers on Chevrolets.  Each patient is an individual and must be evaluated as such.  You should work with your doctor to determine the cup size you are trying to achieve and the implant volume that will make that happen.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD