5 Weeks Post Op Breast Augmentation Implants Look Different?

Im 5 weeks post op under the muscle 410cc on left 420cc right breast. Since day one i notice my left breast was longer and my right breast had more volume and shorter on shape even tho i did get 10cc more on my right breast. i knew i was still very swollen and i notice my right breast started dropping faster but 5 weeks after i still notice my left breast is still longer and i have more volume on my right breast. Will they change shapes once hey completely drop? Thank you for your advice.

Submuscular Implants at 5 Weeks - When Will They Drop?

+1

In general, larger submuscular implants may take 3 or 4 months to drop with massage.  If there was significant breast ptosis prior to surgery, you may need a breast lift as implants cannot always lift the breasts the way we would all like.  Kenneth Hughes, MD HughesPlasticSurgery Los Angeles, CA

Changes in breast?

+1

Thanks for your question. On the photos, so far you look pretty good. In time they will look better. Nobody heals perfectly and there are always differences between the breasts which do not fully resolve simply by placing a breast implant.It is better to avoid overanalyzing your breasts -you'll be happier that way. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Post op asymmetry

+1

At 5 weeks post op, the swelling is still present and the implants have not had a chance to settle  much. It will be at least another 3-4 months before your breasts will be approaching their final size and shape. I know it is hard to do, but be patient and try not to worry. From your pictures, the differences seem to be well within the normal variation that we see in most women. You should continue to see your surgeon who can help you evaluate when your result if "final."

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Postoperative breast augmentation asymmetry.

+1

Preoperative photos would be helpful in your situation. The first point is that 10cc is not going to make a visible difference in the breasts. You currently have some breast ptosis which was likely there preoperatively. If the implants drop down this may improve to a small degree. It is still early in your postoperative recovery. The recommendation would be to wait at least 6 months and if the nipple position has not changed, then a discussion about a mastopexy (breast lift) would be warranted.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

5 Weeks Post Op Breast Augmentation

+1

You are still very early to be too concerned. It can take 3 months or more for your implants to settle in their final position especially if they are under the muscle. 10 cc's is nothing that you will notice. It is such a negligible volume difference in your situation. I tell all of my patients that no two breasts are perfectly symmetric. They will be sisters not twins. Being that said just stay in contact with your surgeon so they can help guide you through your recovery. It will take months not weeks so be very patient.

Richard J. Brown, MD

5 weeks after surgery is much too early

+1

to decide upon results.  The scar tissue hasn't even achieved maximum strength yet, nor have the tissues completely recovered from the surgery.  Depending upon your skin quality, the results would be about six months to a year.  Also, as you age, so will your breasts, and changes in volume and shape will continue to occur gradually.  All breasts are asymmetric, so look at your preoperative photos with your surgeon so that you can see where you started and where you are going.  Meanwhile they appear to be healing  normally and well, so enjoy your new look!

Eleanor J. Barone, MD

Looking different

+1

The difference in volume of 10 cc. is not significant. A lateral photograph will be helpful. You appear to have mild ptosis and may benefit from a lift later on when all the swelling has resolved. 

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

It takes at least 6 weeks to 3 months for breast implants to fully settle in some cases

+1

It appears that you are still too early to make a full assessment with regard to your breasts and symmetry.  I would wait for at least 6 weeks to 3 months before making a determination.  I think that your symmetry will improve by then.

Richard H. Lee, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

+1

It is hard to comment on symmetry without seeing photos from before surgery. From the attached photos I can see improvement in symmetry between weeks 2 and 5. The five week photos look quite even to me. There will be more changes over the next couple of months as the implants continue to settle, but already the result looks quite nice.j

Thanks for your question, best wishes.