5 Weeks Post Large Breast Reduction/lift. Now Feeling Pain and Large 'Lump' on One Area? (photo)

A few days ago I noticed fleeing, stabbing pain in the top of my left breast from areola to top of cleavage (10 o'clock position?). I tend toward cystic breasts and am ovulating so didn't worry. Then I felt a hard thumb-sized and shaped lump there. No redness or fever and the pain does go away and CAN come back with pec movement. Nurse said not to worry but... Also had huge implants removed and NOT replaced. Notice the top of that areola pulling in a little too since early on. Advice?

Pain after Breast Reduction?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.  There is nothing in your photograph that appears to be alarming.

Although online consultants may wish to provide you with good advice and/or reassurance, your plastic surgeon is in a much better position to do so. Only after direct examination will he/she be able to provide you with  meaningful advice or reassurance. 

I would suggest that you raise your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Lump after breat reduction needs to be evaluated.

+1

Hi.

This probably just internal scar tissue which may or may not go away.  But you need to make sure you don't have a hematoma, for instance. So see your surgeon.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Lump after Breast Reduction

+1

Any lump in the breast should be evaluated.  If you had preoperative imaging this is less concerning, because the pictures are underwhelming.

Lump after breast reduction

+1

A lump after surgery can represent many things including a hematoma, seroma, fat necrosis to name a few.

Pain and lump after breast reduction

+1
See your plastic surgeon in followup; the photos don't demonstrate any abnormality but the presence of a lump should never be discounted. Did you have a preop mammogram? I require this on all my patients over 30 to establish a baseline.

Robert L. Kraft, MD