5 Weeks Post Breast Reduction, the Right Breast Look Grossly Deformed As the Scar Appears Too Tight? (photo)

I had breast reduction surgery 5 weeks ago. While the left breast seems to be healing beautifully, the right breast looks grossly deformed. It appears that the scar is too tight, making my breast appear to have 2 distinct halves - I'm starting to regret doing this. Is this normal? With daily massaging, when can I expect this to settle (if ever)?

Concerns about Breast “Deformity” after Breast Reduction?

+3

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction surgery; I'm sorry to hear/see the anxiety you are experiencing secondary to the appearance of the right breast. Of course, your plastic surgeon is the best position to advise you ( as opposed to online consultants).

Generally speaking, you will find that the appearance of the breast will change over the course of the first several months ( and even up to one year) after breast reduction surgery. You may find that some of the contour irregularities of the right breast will improve over the course of the next few months. If not, revisionary breast surgery may be necessary to improve the contour and breast symmetry.

Sorry that it is not possible to be more precise without direct examination.

5 Weeks Post Breast Reduction, the Right Breast Look Grossly Deformed As the Scar Appears Too Tight

+2

YES! Something went wrong to result in a right breast indented scars. Best to ask the surgeon again and seek in person evaluations from other boarded PSs in your city. 

You will likely choose to undergo a revision

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  Its hard to know if you had too much tissue or skin removed or if you had some fat necrosis during the healing process.  Regardless I think you will see some improvement with time but I suspect that you will want to undergo a revision to maximize the shape and appearance of your breasts after all of the healing is done.  The good news is that a revision should relatively easily correct the situation.  You will likely choose to have revision of both breasts to improve symmetry.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Revision breast reduction will help.

+1

Hi.

The first question is :  what does your surgeon say?     Going by your pictures, the right breast will not have a good shape.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)