5 Weeks Post and Stressed to Max? (photo)

I had a breast aug 5 weeks ago! My left breast is perfect has dropped nicely and looks good! My right however looks so much smaller and higher! I have been back to my PS and he says to give it time but things do not look right! Please give me your advice as too what you think! Both breast where even and same size before! Should I be concerned or do u think this right one will end up looking normal? I also should mention the right had double muscle!

Breast Implant Surgery

+1
Tough to see what is going on because of the pic and the fact your arms are up but the muscles are asymmetric so they will relax at different rates in different amounts of time

Breast Asymmetry 5 Weeks Post-op

+1

Thank you for sharing your photo.

At 5 weeks post-op, it is a little too early to judge the results of your surgery. It is not common that different breasts if the same patient drop at different rates. I believe that it is very important to follow your surgeon's instructions religiously and keep communicating with him/her.

With a little more patience allowing nature to take its course, your breasts will be less swollen and your implants will settle into their natural position.

Should you be uncomfortable with your end results after achieving full recovery, a revision surgery could be considered to lower the high-riding implant to match the position of the other.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Additional changes may occur with time

+1

Thank you for the question and photo.  Some of the asymmetry may improve with time as your muscle relaxes.  If the right breast remains high the pocket can be released under local anesthesia or IV sedation.  This is a fairly straight forward process.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast Aug - 5 weeks post surgery

+1

Hi I agree not exactly even.  If your incision is underneath your breast, you will likely settle but you will need to massage and band (or ACE wrap) the superior pole of the left breast while supporting the location of the right breast.  So massage down and band the left one while supporting the right.  Don't go and have surgery on the implant now, it is not a safe time period yet- wait a few more weeks and if not settled into proper position then reoperate at the discretion of your surgeon.   Best Wishes!!

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD

Still early

+1

Five weeks is still too early to tell. Your photo shows skin and muscle to be be quite tight over the implants with relatively little breast tissue to cover the implants. It will take at least 3 months for things to start looking as good as possible. 

It is understandable to be frustrated over not having the immediate result you expected, but try to remember how they looked the first day after surgery to appreciate how much they have changed since then. They will also continue to improve. It is a slow process. Try not to inspect them too often, because you will not notice the improvements staring at them 3 times a day. Consider cutting back to to weekly scrutinizing so you will best know when they have stopped improving.Once they have stopped changing, you and your surgeon can better discuss the final result.

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

5 Weeks Post and Stressed

+1

This is not a good view for symmetry. Your pectoral muscles are not the same in size or strength, and when flexed, as in this photo, symmetry is uncommon. 

The same view with the arms at the sides may be less uneven. At any rate, these implants take 3 to 6 months to settle as the pectoral muscles relax, and it is quite common for there to by asymmetry early on, yet a good result after the implants have dropped.

Patience. 

Follow up with your surgeon. Thanks and best wishes. 

5 weeks postop breast augmentation results

+1

It is still early in your postoperative course. It is not uncommon to take months for the implants to settle and for the breast tissue and skin to stretch. To facilitate your progress, Breast/Implant massage can help in achieving a "normal" result. If you're not currently doing this, ask your plastic surgeon if he/she thinks this would be beneficial.

Thanks for your question and photo. Best of Luck!

Gregory Park, MD

Breast augmentation problems

+1

Your photo with your arms elevated makes it hard to say exactly but I can see things don't look even.  Sometimes these even out and sometimes they don't and need additional surgery.  Stick close with your surgeon for advice regarding upper pole straps, bras and activity.  Good luck.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Post-Op Worries following Breast Augmentation

+1

Fear not!  It is very common for one or both implants to be situated high even five weeks after breast augmentation.  And many patients have these (understandable) worries just like yours.  The good news is that in the majority of instances, implants "settle" back down where they belong - your doctor may have some suggestions on how to promote that.  In rare instances, an implant can remain too elevated (or even drop too low) after an extended period of time and require surgical adjustment, but that is unusual.  Stick it out, discuss it with your surgeon, and best of luck.

David S. Martin, MD