5 Weeks out from Breast Augmentation and Mastopexy with Areola Incision?

My Permanent Stitch started to come out on one side so my ps removed it a week ago. Since then I keep getting pin sized holes along the incision. A creamy colored substance comes out of them if I push around it. So far 4 of them have appeared. Any idea what is going on?

Retained infected permanent suture from a breast lift

+1

It appears that you still have a suture knot that has become infected and worked its way to the surface.  It could be retained portions of the permanent suture.  The suture needs to be removed.  Once removed the area will heal normally.   All that is required at this point is to have the sutures, which at this point are acting like a foreign body, removed and proper wound care.  If you develop an invasive infection then antibiotics are required.

Suture Exposure

+1

It sounds like the sutures have worked themselves to the surface with a localized reaction.  These are usually removed by your surgeon and should heal without further incident. Good Luck.

Stitch Irritation after Breast Augmentation and Breast Lift

+1

Some people respond by pushing the stitches out during the healing phase.  The best treatment is to remove the stitches as they are exposed.  There is usually uneventful healing.

Stitch Problems after Breast Surgery?

+1

Based on your description, you are likely experiencing suture related problems that your plastic surgeon will be able to address for you. Most patients go on to heal without long-term sequela or detraction from the end results of the procedure.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm

Suture Exposed?

+1

Hi Chylee,

Usually, once a suture becomes exposed, it will need to be removed in its entirety.  Thus if the permanent suture is exposed, then you surgeon will most likely remove it completely.  It sounds like this is the case, but if you are still having areas open up with drainage, then you may be rejecting all of the other 'under the skin' sutures.  Follow up with your plastic surgeon to be assessed.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Permanent suture in breast and drainage

+1

It may be that you have a low grade infection becuase of the permanent suture. It may need to be removed.  Best to follow closely with your surgeon.

Suture problems after a breast lift.

+1

Small pinpoint holes along an incision line typically mean sutures are spitting. Recommendation is to follow up with your plastic surgeon for an evaluation.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Drainage from incision

+1

You may be experiencing a suture abscess.  Please schedule an appointment with your plastic surgeon for an evaluation.  Best wishes.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Stitch abscesses

+1

The closure area has been contaminated with bacteria, and many of the sutures are involved. Fortunately, these almost always resolve without problems once the sutures are removed. Do communicate problems such as this with your surgeon.

Thanks and best wishes.