7.5 Weeks After Ear Cartilage Augment Rhynoplasty? (photo)

i have had my nose tip added with ear cartilage 7.5 weeks ago, and i am worried about the outcome. the tip is full and round and hard, while both sides of the supratip area is puffy . i revisited my surgeon on week 6, and he denied any of these problems insisting it looks great... very depressed. i have been trying arnica cream for about 3 weeks also i have heard taping may help somehow. does it make sense in my case? any help be appreciated...

Tip Augmentation at 7.5 Weeks Following Rhinoplasty

+2

Tip augmentation with ear cartilage will take months for swelling to resolve and for softening to occur.  I do not see anything abnormal at this point.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

No need for concern

+2

As I see you now, I see nothing to be worried about.  The hardness will largely subside--but over months, not weeks.  Look at these photos in June and you will feel better.  Ear cartilage can be great in the tip, but many surgeons do not make the grafts long enough--I have done it myself, and I have performed thousands of grafts.  The "fix" is easy.

If in a year you believe that the shape should still be better, discuss it with your surgeon or with another surgeon whom you trust.  Make sure you see photos of other cases that look like yours, and results that you like.  Computer simulations are not the same.  All the best.

Mark B. Constantian, MD, FACS
Nashua Plastic Surgeon

7.5 Weeks After Ear Cartilage Augment Rhynoplasty?

+2

Healing from ear cartilage grafting to the nasal tip can take 6 to 12 months. This should have been explained to you in your pre operative discussion visits. 

+2

I think it is too early to predict how your nose will look at this time.  The nose will swell and deflate over the next 6 months to a year.  I think your early result looks very promising.  Just keep following up with your surgeon.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

7.5 Weeks After Ear Cartilage Augment Rhinoplasty?

+1

You would need to follow the post op Rhinoplasty instructions of your Rhinoplasty Surgeon as it's unethical for any other surgeon to intervene in your care at this time.