5 Mos Post Botox?

Each time, I have treated my forehead , between brows and crows feet. I am trying to swear off botox because initially I didn't need it. I am 42 , with very few wrinkles. My problem is , I am happy with the right side of my face, as it looks normal . The issue is my right side. My forehead is drooping lower than baseline,causing my skin to sag down to below my left eye causing more wrinkles to appear when I smile.My question is, as my forehead regain strength again, will it pull up my saggy skin?

Asymmetry before and after Botox- what to do? Ask Dr Ellen

+2

Hello flygirl12,

Keep in mind that Botox can be strategically injected.  Most people are asymmetric to begin with so the idea of treating the two  sides of the face the same way is not usually successful- it will just further accentuate the already asymmetric face.

It is important to have your treatment with someone who is both very familiar with facial anatomy and also skilled/experienced with Botox.  That will add to the success of your outcome.

Sounds like you are heading in the right direction!

Thanks for asking!  Dr Ellen

Westport Plastic Surgeon

Botox and droop

+2

Botox can be used judiciously so that drooping of the one side does not occur.  Like in other body areas, there is asymmetry and one side of the forehead may be a bit stronger then the other.  Perhaps that is why the weaker side is drooping?

5 Mos Post Botox?

+2

Botox can cause unwanted relaxation of the forehead and upper eyelid muscles, that affect eyebrow position, if injected too close to either muscle group.  The reality may be that you have a weaker muscle group on one side and should not have Botox injected near the eyebrow on that side.  You may also have developed low eyebrow position, that is asymmetric, as a normal aging process.    

If you would like to see which of these scenarios, is the most likely, you would need to avoid any Botox being injected within two finger-widths of the eyebrows for 6 months or so.  At that point, your normal brow positions would become evident.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Botox & Sagging Skin?

+2

Hi FL.  A picture would help evaluate the problem.  Botox may lead to ptosis (a sagging brow) when injected incorrectly.  But we cannot see how this would affect the area below the eye.  Patients often relate imperfections they see in one area of the face to procedures they had a in a different area.  To avoid this situation, we always take before pictures to make sure we can reference back to them.  Did you provider take pictures before the procedure?  If so, you should request to see them.  Thanks.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/botoxInjectionsBeforeAfterPicturesPhotos.aspx

Botox causing sagging?

+2

A picture would be helpful to get more information in regards to your problem. It sounds as though your main issue is sagging skin below your left eye.  If that is the case, then I do not think that any of the Botox treatments to your forehead or between your brows would affect the area below your eyes.  It is possible that the Botox treatment to your crow's feet is affecting that area however.  You may want to just try stopping the treatment to your crow's feet and see if the area under your eyes improves.  If there is also an issue with one brow being lower than the other, this should be able to be addressed during the Botox treatment to try and even them out.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and asymmetry

+1

Many people have asymmetry of their face, and Botox can be properly used to treat say one side more than another to try to create better symmetry. Best to seek the care of a trained and highly experienced physician such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon for optimal results and safety.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Drooping Brow after Botox

+1

Botox can help with forehead lines without affecting the position of the brows.  If there is some asymmetry to begin, a slight brow lift on the other brow can be performed.

Botox and asymmetry

+1

Before Botox and after Botox pictures would have been nice to see exactly what you are talking about but the problem is that there is asymmetry and if the asymmetry existed before Botox injection, it could have been strategically treated to optimize your facial features. I would wait 4 months and have someone inject you with Botox, keeping in mind that there is facial asymmetry.

Web reference: http://www.AdvanceYourBeauty.com

Buffalo General Surgeon

Botox and asymmetry

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without first viewing a photo of what you are describing. You should consider posting photo's for better assessment.

Botox can correct facial asymmetry

+1

Botox is wonderful at correcting facial asymmetry. What you are describing may be a result of natural aging and not Botox.  It would be helpful to post photos to evaluate the difference.