5 Months After Rhinoplasty, Breathing Difficulty and Protrusion Inside Left Nostril?

Doctor says air passage narrowed due to surgery resulting in blockage (100%), he performed a procedure to remove scar tissues, did not help to improve breathing. He suggested to insert a ring to widen the tissues. I am apprehensive about this, any ideas about this approach? Also have a protrusion inside my left nostril close to the opening, I can feel it with my fingers, could not get a satisafactory repsonse about it. Need advice. can anybody recommend a good revision surgeon in Montreal?

Breathing difficulty

+2

I agree with your assessment. I would be hesitant about fixing your problem with ring insertion. Hard to diagnose your problem, but from your description it sounds like its your alar cartilage, or the cartilage that give shape to your tip, that is mal-positioned.

Check the website for the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, you should be able to get names of physicians in your area.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Breathing Difficulty 5 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

The more common causes for breathing difficulty after rhinoplasty would be internal valve narrowing or external valve collapse or septal manipulation, but without an exam all one can do is speculate.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

Breathing difficulty after rhinoplasty

+1

I highly suggest you see an ENT surgeon or plastic surgeon. While it's impossible to know what the issue is without examining you, I can tell you that I have concerns about inserting a ring. You may have enlarged turbinates that can be removed to improve airflow. Decreased space after rhinoplasty could also be due to smaller internal nasal valve area. A spreader graft may be the solution. 

Good luck!

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Airway problem and nose

+1

Without an exam and knowing what was done in surgery, makes it very difficult to respond to this question.