5 Days Post Op Tip Refinement Rhinoplasty and the Tapes Have Fallen Off?

Should I be concerned that the tapes have fallen off? It has been 5 days since the initial surgery. I didn't have a splint and I believe the healing process is coming along quite nicely. I have an appointment to see my Doctor on Tuesday should I retape?

Rhinoplasty tape falling off

+1

Without actually examining you, my guess is that it won't cause any significant problem. Taping after rhinoplasty helps to prevent excessive swelling. Even after splint removal, I have my patients continue taping for a short period. Check with your surgeon to see if they want you to reapply the tape.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Taping after rhinoplasty

+1

The tape helps to minimize the amount of swelling after surgery.  Surgeons are picky to a varying degree on the importance of the tape, so I would touch base with her/him, but it shouldn't be a big issue if you wait until Tuesday either.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD