4WPO Why Am I Bulging So Much when I Sit? (photo)

I thought I was getting muscle repair but PS said once inside I did not need it. I have had 3 c-sections, so I was confused. I am 4 weeks PO now, standing straight looks ok but sitting or laying on side, I have a bulge. I really wanted to get that toned look and now worry I will need a repeat TT w MR. I had no MR so I would think recovery is easier, and this is not bloating, but just my final result. Its an improvement yes, but for the price I paid I wanted the best I could be.

4WPO Why Am I Bulging So Much when I Sit?

+2

Your issues are real and you will need a more detailed explanation from your chosen surgeon. Yes there is a likelihood of revision and having muscle repair done. 

4 weeks after Tummy Tuck

+2

After 4 weeks, you are still very swollen after a tummy tuck.  You should give the result at least 6 months to mature.  If the plastic surgeon told you that you did not need plication, maybe you did not need plication.  The muscled should only be tightened to what is anatomic.  Going beyond this decreases function and creates more pain.

Bulging After Abdominoplasty

+2

Thank you for the question and the photos. It is very difficult to give accurate advice purely from photographs, however it appears as though you have had a good result. Bulging while in the seated position is not unusual as your soft tissues have diminished in elasticity. At this point you are still early on in the healing process and will most likely continue to improve over time.

Do continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon and make sure you voice your concerns to them. Best wishes.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

The patient needs to wait on a good result after abdominoplasty.

+2

From the provided photographs it looks as though the result of the abdominoplasty will be excellent. The patient is still actively healing and the final result will not be recognized for several months.

Bulging while sitting

+1

Unfortunately, I cannot tell much form the posted photos. The standard views are in the standing position. When patients sit, there is always some redundancy--the skin is not sufficiently elastic. If the skin were tight while sitting, chances are you would not be able to stand erect. It is not likely that you will find a photo of a swimsuit model sitting. 

Some photos from before and after in the standing position would help. Thanks for your question, best wishes.