4wks Post Op and Left Breast Squeaks and Seems a Little Bigger. Is This Normal?

I'm 4 weeks post op from breast implants. about a week ago the left side started squeaking and hurting again and it seems like it's a little bigger. and I have lines under the skin coming from the incisions down to my ribs and some even further down. they pull on my ribs when I stretch or sometimes even move and its pretty painful. what should I do?

4wks Post Op and Left Breast Squeaks and Seems a Little Bigger.

+1

All of what you're describing can occur and be part of a recovery that will produce a normal and good result.  And asymmetry is common, both before and after breast implant surgery (the breasts are almost never completely symmetrical).  However, to be sure, you should check in with your PS, who knows what you looked like before and exactly what was done.  Significant unilateral pain and significant pain at four weeks are somewhat unusual and can be a cause for concern, so it makes sense to contact your PS.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

+1

Although these may be normal, it is not useful to comment without at least a photo. But even with before and after photos, the likeliest recommendation would be to have an in person evaluation by your surgeon. 

All the best. 

Post op Breast Implant Issues

+1

Thank you for your question. I feel your issues are too complex to be simply answered in this forum format. You have issues of asymmetric pain, ?sqeaking, size and skin changes  - some of these can be attributed to the healing process so soon after implant surgery but to get a real idea and reassurance as to what is happening, you should see your plastic surgeon in the near future.

Regards,

Dr Kevin Ho

Kevin Ho, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

You should return to your surgeon for evaluation

+1

The things you describe may be completely normal as part of the healing process, but you should always rely on your own surgeon's exam and opinion after surgery.

Carmen Kavali, MD