I Have 492CC Silicone Implants Under the Muscle and Still Do Not Have Upper Pole. Will I Ever? (photo)

Will I ever be able to achieve upper pole? I dont think I should have went under the muscle but its what my doctor recommended. I do need to lose weight and I go to the gym several times a week. I have been doing more strength training and think that my muscles may be contracting a lot because they are under the muscles. It makes me not want to work on my upper body. Any suggestions to achieve a more rounded look. I do have a wide sternum. I have 492CC silicone implants

Still no upper pole

+2

First of all I think you have a very nice and natural result. I understand, however you want a different look. Here are my thoughts:

- the submuscular placement is best for maintaining upper pole fullness

- the implant is in perfect position, so you have not "bottomed out" (which causes loss of upper pole fullness)

- to obtain more upper pole volume you will need a larger implant. 

I would estimate 75cc larger would be needed to give you noticeably fuller upper pole. This would need to be higher profile to fit your breast diameter.  You would have to be OK with being roughly 1/2 cup size or more bigger than you are now. Personally I would only recommend the larger implant if you specifically asked for larger cup size, as there is no guarantee the additional volume will stay in the upper pole. Regarding exercising, when the (pectoralis) muscle contracts it pushes the implant up and out, so I would not be concerned about that.  Thanks for the question and good luck.

Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Uppper pole fullness

+1

From the photos, it looks like you have a nice result, and addinga  larger wider implant may give you a bit more, but more  upper pole fullness that you may be expecting may be a bit unrealistic.

Rounded upper pole after breast augmentation

+1

Your result is really very good, however you might have not been fully understood as to the best result for you. We agree that a subglandular augmentation might have given you a rounded upper pole fullness. This may be possible with a different shape implant though a good consultation will help sort this out.

More “Rounded Look” after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your pictures, I think your plastic surgeon has done a very nice job for you. Having said that, it is possible to increase the superior pole volume and achieve a more “rounded look”. This may require  the use of a different implant ( for example saline versus silicone), different profile implant and/or different volume of breast implant.

Exactly what would be necessary to achieve your goals will best be determined after direct physical examination and a full communication of your goals. I prefer the use of goal pictures in this communication process.

Still Do Not Have Upper Pole

+1

I find this to be an excellent and balanced result. There is apparently a clash between your goal and what most surgeons would see as a goal. I would concur with your surgeons choice of submuscular positioning. 

If the look you want is what you see in someone in a push-up bra, you will need to use a push up bra. There is no implant that will make you look both rounder and more full in the upper breast.

Thanks for the question and for the photos. Best wishes.