492cc Saline to Get a Small D With My Frame? (photo)

I am 5'5'' and 140 lb. I am currently a 36B and I want my breast to be a small D would 492cc saline be a good size for my body frame? please help I am getting my surgery on Aug 22nd and would love all your feedback thanks.

Best Breast Implants to Achieve My Goals?

+2

With all due respect, I think you will be much better off communicating your goals further with your plastic surgeon as opposed to online consultants. You will find that you will be bombarded with information online;  this information will be probably conflicting and/or confusing.

Communication with your plastic surgeon will be key to achieving the results you are looking for. Unfortunately, the use of words such as “small D” means different things to different people. In other words, what you consider to be "proportionate” may not be what your plastic surgeon considers to be  proportionate.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
In my practice I use goal pictures to communicate with patients.  With this technique patients are able to demonstrate what they are trying to achieve and what type of looks they do not like as well. 
I also use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Implant size selection to achieve your goals

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.
This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.
Hope this helps.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Be sure you know whether you are getting saline or silicone. 492 cc size will likely make you a full D cup.

+1

First, are you sure you are getting saline?  Usually saline implants have sizes that are rounded.  The 492 cc size is a silicone gel implant size.  Also, it is going to make you a full D.  You may like that.  But if you want a small D size, this implant size will likely be too big.  Something around 390 cc would probably work better given your present B cup breast size.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

In our practice we tell our patients that 225 cc equal about one cup size. If you starting at a B cup and you’re adding 492 cc it should take you to 2 cups bigger which it sounds like it would be a nice D. Don’t get stuck on the cc part see yourself with implants and try your regular clothes on to see what you will be looking at the end of surgery and if you like what you see. That should be the size you get. Good luck.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

What size implant will give me a small D cup?

+1

This is a very frequently asked question asked by patients.  There are many factors involved in choosing the correct size implant to get a patient to a desired cup size.  As you can imagine, a 300 cc implant in one person may give a totally different cup size than when placed in another individual.  This is why I will let the potential patient that they cannot compare themselves to their friends with regard to implant size only.  Some of the factors includes the amount of breast tissue preoperatively, the diameter of the breast, the frame size, amongst of things. 

So, when I get a question like the one above, it is imperative to actually see the patient in consultation to get an idea what they look like.  One other option that helps the surgeon decide on the implant size is to actually measure the diameter of each breast.  The way to do this is to use a tape measure and hold it over the breast at the level of the nipple and measure the distance from the medial portion of the breast to the lateral most extent of the breast in centimeters.  Next report this to the surgeon and they can at least give you an idea of a range of sizes that could be used to augment the breast.  We look at the measured diameter and find an implant size on the chart produced by the implant manufacturer.  For example, with a 14.5 cm diameter breast, the surgeon could then choose from a range of implants, i.e., low, moderate, or high profile. For a low profile implant a 450 cc implant could be used.  A moderate profile 533 cc implant could be used, and with a high profile implant a 700 cc could be used.  Then the surgeon would sit down with the patient to get an idea of what cup size they want to be and fit them in the appropriately sized implant type (low, moderate, or high profile). 

Hope this helps everybody!!

Joel B. Beck, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Your implant size should put you in the D cup range

+1

For your height and implant in the 225-250ml would give you a full cups size increase.  If you are a B cup and going with about 500ml you will likely be in the small D cup range.  I would encourage you to try on a 500ml implant in your plastic surgeons office and see what you think.  It will be more important to like the way you look and feel with that size implant than with the specific cup size designation.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD