I Am a 49 Year Old with 6 Kids and Overweight 230 at 5'7". I Have an Umbilical Hernia.

I have had two c-sections and a big tummy flap over the scar. I have had a very painful tearing feeling in my lower belly when rolling over in bed since the c-sections in the 80's. I don't know what the tearing pain is from... but suspected c-section scaring? Perhaps a cleaning up of the csection scar area would help my pain there. I was wondering if I could have a lipo or tummy tuck at the same time as the hernia repair so I would look a little better. I don't currently have hernia pain.

Tummy Tuck and Umbilical Hernia?

Many plastic surgeons are trained in general surgery as well and feel very comfortable repairing umbilical hernias. This can be done at the same time as the tummy tuck surgery.

In regards to your weight...generally, it is best to be at a long-term stable weight prior to undergoing any type of body  contouring surgery.

However, exceptions can be made;  if the patient is otherwise medically stable then removal of significant excess tissue ( for example with breast reduction and/or panniculectomy)  may significantly improve the patient's lifestyle and ability to increase exercise ( and "jumpstart" their continued weight loss). These patients should understand that their  chances of needing further surgery are increased compared to patients who have achieved a long-term stable weight prior to the body contouring surgery.