Is 480cc Too Large for a 5ft 7in 138lb Woman?

breast implant sizing

+1

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Is 480cc breast implant too large for a 5'7'' woman?

+1

Ideal size is in the eye of the beholder.  Although a 480cc implant is not small, it also depends upon how much breast tissue of your own you are adding this volume to.  You are not small of stature, so you very well may be able to handle an implant of this size.  The best way to tell is to try implant sizers on in a stretch bra and see if the resulting breast mound volume is consistent with your goals.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Too large

+1

What does this mean, too large? Everyone has a different idea of what is proportional to their body. So yes 480 would be too large if you wanted smaller breasts but it may not be big enough if you wanted larger breasts. You also give no mention of the size of your breasts to start with, which would affect what size implant you need to get to the size you want.

David E. Kim, MD