I Am 48 Years Old I Want to Get Botox but I had a Stroke 1 1/2 Years Ago Can I Have It Done?

Botox after Stroke

+2

You should be able to have Botox since the injections affect are only local.  However, I would check with your internist or neurologist first.  The Botox may actually help even out any facial asymetry left over from the stroke.  Dr Halem

Botox after stroke

+2

Greetings~

It's always best to check with your internist or specialist that has been taking care of you since your stroke but generally speaking there should be no problem having Botox after a stroke. If you still have some asymmetry following your stroke the Botox may help to even this out to some extent.  The Botox itself effects only the local area injected and not anything that involves perpetuating any problems that initially led to your stroke.

Best of luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Old Stroke Not Contraindication For Botox

+2

The fact that you had a stroke 18 months ago should not present a problem with the use of Botox.  Botox does temporarily paralyze the muscle into which it is injected and for that reason should not be injected immediately following a CVA since it could possibly interfere with documenting the progress of recovery.

John Whitt, MD

You can have BOTOX® after you've had a stroke.

+2

After a stressful experience like having a stroke, an important part of your recovery is to look and feel as good as possible.

In addition to that, if the stroke caused one side of your face to be more relaxed, BOTOX® can be used to relax the other side of your face and so restore the symmetry of your appearance.

Kevin C. Smith, MD
Niagara Falls Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox is safe to use for facial cosmetic reasons after a stroke

+1

There should be no reason to avoid Botox for facial injections after a stroke. In fact, some people who have asymmetry from muscle imbalance after a stroke, get Botox injected in the unaffected side to provide a more balanced appearance.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox after a stroke

+1

The only potential issue with injecting Botox at this point for you is if you are on blood thinners. If so, then the bruising after the injections might be greater, but the Botox itself would be safe to use.

Julio Garcia, MD

Neurotoxin after a stroke

+1

You can absolutely have neurotoxin injected into your facial muscles after a stroke. You should address your concerns with your injecting physician.

Purvisha Patel, MD
Germantown Dermatologist