Best Breast Lift Technique? Age 48, East Indian, Dark Skin.

I Am 48 Years Old Lost 60 Lbs from Working Out/lifting Weights and Change of Diet/lifestyle About 7 Years. since this breast sag including my nipples, which do point down, no children. My boyfriend however is totally against the scar underneath the breast gained by doing the lollipop or the anchor, as I am of East Indian descent, so darker skin. Entertaining the half crescent being done with augmentation for the least amount of scarring. Can someone advise as I would not want to get it if it's really not going to make my breast look better. Was a full C now between an a-b.

Options in breast lift surgery

+1

You would be a good candidate for a vertical mastopexy with a breast implant for volume if needed.  There are several different types of breast lifts including a peri-areolar crescent lift, a doughnut or Benelli lift, a Vertical Mastopexy and a Key hole or anchor type mastopexy.  All have specific parameters.  Based on your descripton and that the nipples point down and are below the inframammary crease you would get the best result with a vertical mastopexy with a breast augmentation.

Breast Lift Type?

+1

Unfortunately, it is not possible to give you specific advice without pictures or direct examination.

Although your concerns regarding scars are very understandable I would suggest that your first concern should be obtaining the best results possible (scarring concerns should be secondary).  Most patients undergoing this procedure will accept scarring as long as their overall goals in regards to size, shape, contour and symmetry are met.  In other words, if you select your surgeon based on  the offer of a “limited scar” procedure you may be disappointed with the results. The crescent  breast lift  may leave you with an unsatisfactory “lift” and potentially an elongated areola.

SEE VIDEO BELOW: Minimal scar breast lift is for minimal ptosis (sag/droop)

+1

Generally speaking the minimal scar techniques are best reserved for those who have minimal sag or ptosis.

Crescent incision has the advantage of minimal scarring but does not lift and pull that much and remove that much skin.

+1

Thank you for your enquiry which is very interesting, the best type of breast lift technique really does vary on the amount of excess skin you have in your chest area.

Other techniques such as a vertical scar or a short transverse scar do move more skin but has the disadvantage of producing more scarring.

Overall, the darker your skin the more likely you are to develop a poor scarring and I would think very carefully and research online how scarring can vary between individuals before proceeding with an operation.

I hope this has been helpful.

Adrian Richards, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

+1

Can not really advise without photos. But my guess is a large implant with a donut MAY help. But again if your measurements are out of range of donut lifts than your only alternative is the scar. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski 305 598 0091

Breast lift techniques and implants

+1

The goal of surgery is to create the nicest result with the least amount of scarring.  However, without an exam or at least seeing photos, I have no idea what are the possiblities.

Breast Lift Techniques

+1

Breast lift techniques generally require some degree of scar to achieve a much better form/shape.  There are a wide range of breast lift techniques ranging from a crescent / periareolar, lollilop, and full wise-pattern (anchor inverted-T) scars.   It is difficult to suggest what you may be a candidate for without a formal physicial exam.  In addition, depending on your anatomy and goals, you may also benefit from a breast implant.

As per your concern with dark skin and scarring, we perform breast lifts on patients with dark skin all the time.  Most heal very well.  However, there is no substituing the need for some degree of scar to achieve better form.  How you heal will depend on 1) your healing potential 2) genetics and 3) surgical technique.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Superior Crescent Lift may be enough

+1
I'd really need to examine you first bu toften a superior crescent or circumareolar scar is sufficient. I agree with you that considering the amount of scarring before considering surgery is very important.

Mark Broudo, MD

No free lunch

+1

If you want to make a significant difference you will probably need to have some scarring.

Breasts have been defined as having 4 degrees of sagging, without a photo, I have no way of assessing what level you are at.

Implants can only correct one degree of sagging, the rest must be done surgically.

Periareolar lift only works for small lifts and can result in much more unsatisfactory scarring than you imagine.

Accolate which is sometime used for hardening of the breasts can be very useful to prevent darkening of surgical scars (hyperpigmentation)

Type and placement of the implant is improtant to obtain the maximal lift from the implant.

If your sagging is not too severe, the implant/crescent combination can be a good solution.

Donald W. Kress, MD, FACS
Frederick Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift surgery scars

+1
It is difficult to give you precise advice without seeing your pictures, but if you have lost 60lb than you most likely need a significant lift and breast reshaping which cannot be done by a scar around the areola alone.  You most likely do need a lollipop or anchor scar(only for most extreme cases).
Doing an implant alone will add volume but will do nothing for the sagging breast shape that you likely have.
Sincerely,
Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD