Will 475cc Saline Give Me the D Cup I Desire?

Im a 34B- would 475cc saline in a Naturalle HP give me the D i'm desiring?

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Getting sized for breast implants is much more involved than it seems at first thought.

+1

Getting sized for breast implants is much more involved than it seems at first thought. It requires a full consultation with detailed questions to see exactly what your goals are, short and long term. It also requires precise measurements of your current breast dimensions, the dimensions of your chest wall, as well as preoperative photography, standard or 3D imaging.

To see what the best options are for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Implant size, D cup.

+1

There is no correlation between implant volume and specific cup size. Your height, amount of skin, and bra manufacturer, all bear on this. Best idea is to discuss your wishes with your plastic surgeon, and be realistic in your expectations.

Stephen E. Zucker, MD
South Bend Plastic Surgeon

+1

It is always hard to discuss size in this format with patients because without seeing your breasts and examining them as well as verbally talking to you about what your goals are it makes it hard. The most important thing that you can do in order to decide if 475cc implants are right for you is to make sure that you have had in depth discussions with your surgeon to assure that the two of you are on the same page. A lot of this is up to you trusting that your surgeon knows your goals and will do his/her best to meet those goals for you. I have my patients size themselves with implants that they feel they want. Then, as a surgeon I have to pick the correct profile and size that fits what your goals are. My best advice is make sure that you see the work of your surgeon, and even ask for phone numbers of patients that you can talk to. Do not pay attention to bras because every company makes a different size that they call and A, B, C or D cup. Cup size it totally irrelevant. What is important is how you feel you look with your implants in place.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Cup Sizes and Breast Implant Volume

+1

Unfortunately, there is no reliable way to predict your resulting bra size after breast augmentation for many reasons.  This might come as a surprise to you since you've probably spoken to many breast augmentation patients who speak in those terms.  The sooner you can let go of bra sizing the better. You should visit a few qualified plastic surgeons, armed with photographs of women who's proportions you'd like to emulate.

During your consultation and examination, the surgeon will measure the anatomic dimensions of your breast and chest to assess the most appropriate sized implant for you. You should keep in mind not only the result you want, but also about what might reduce you overall risk of complications.  Additionally, you should also think about obtaining the best long term results and minimizing late term problems, by choosing the right implant.  In general, high profile implants will more likely cause long term issues like tissue thinning and expansion, implant dropout, and a 'ball in sock' look.  The larger the implant, the more likely these issues will occur as well.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Choosing your Breast Implant Size

+1

Although I cannot give you specific advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals, I would suggest that you:

The best advice I can give you online is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This if communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Will 475cc Give a "D" cup bra?

+1

There is absolutely no way to guarantee cup size post-operatively. Additionally, a cup size is made up by a company; meaning Victoria's Secret "D" cup bra may be and most likely is totally different than Calvin Klein's "D" cup. We, surgeons, go by a measurable system. I have my patients try on various size implants and do 3D imaging. My best recommendation is for you to try on implants and feel comfortable with what you see in the mirror vs. a cup size.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD