Is 475cc Saline Enough to Give Me a D Cup?

I'm currently a 34B- would 475cc give me the D cup I desire?

Implant Volume and Cup Size

+1

Patients do quite a bit of research on the internet and often see me with an idea of what size implant they desire.  However, it is difficult for a patient to know the true dimensions of the internet patient's chest, their ribcage shape, chest circumference, and other factors important to know in predicting cup size.  

In general, about 200 cc is an average volume in what a thin woman with a 34 inch chest circumference would need to gain a cup size.  I would predict, that in your case, a 475 cc implant with a likely overfill will be more than enough to gain two cup sizes.  You may actually end up a bit larger!

Web reference: http://www.drbresnick.com

BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Guesstimating A Cup Size Is A Tricky Business

+1

Usually, breast implants increasing the size of breasts from a B cup to a D cup requires should fall within the range of 500-525cc so your guesstimation of 475cc may work for you.

However, without a physical examination and trying out different implant sizes when in consultation with your surgeon I believe that you may not have a fair idea of how your breasts may look like after breast augmentation with a given implant size.

Moreover, patients with breasts asymmetry (even slight) should anticipate to have implants of slightly different sizes to achieve the best results possible.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian 

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Cup size is fashion dependent

+1

Bra cup size is very fashion and manufacturer dependent.  I tell my patients that I can place them in 3 different cup sizes just by visiting different stores. In order to get the desired result from your breast augmentation, many board certifed plastic surgeons use an objective measuring system of your body that includes breast width and stretchiness of skin.  Some also have a sizing system to try on to simulate the desired result. Visit a board certified plastic surgeon to try them on and communicate openly with your surgeon about your desires. Good Luck.

That size implant will be near the range you have described

+1

As you may have learned already cup size may be variable depending on the bra manufacturer and the size of the bra that the individual prefers to wear.  In general an average size woman will get a cup size increase with 225-250 cc implants.  I would encourage you to try on that range of implants in your plastic surgeons office and determine for yourself if that is the size of breast you would like to achieve regardless of "cup" size.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/breast-augmentation.cfm

Implant size

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.
This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Cup size is not easily calculated

+1
As has been noted, every bra manufacturer has different specifications so there are no hard and fast rules. You haven't provided a photo, height, weight, etc. Generally, the implant size you have noted would produce a two cup increase. Sizing is an art and I suggest that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation (and reconsultation) to discuss implant options.

Choosing your Breast Implant Size

+1

Although I cannot provide you with specific advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals, I would suggest that you:

The best advice I can give you online is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This if communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

+1

There is no fixed definition of cup size. Two patients will not agree. Two surgeons will not agree. Two bra manufacturers will not agree. I have many patients who have brought us in 3 different cup size is that all fit reasonably well.

I try hard to stay out of guessing cup sizes were my patients. Many surgeons to answer questions on this site feel that an average of 200-225 cc of implant will increase the patient by one cup size. But that is a guess. 

Good luck and best wishes