475cc Moderate Plus to Big for Me? I'm a 36C. I Want That Natural Implant Look.

i went to my Consultation. And the dr.recommended 475cc moderate plus saline under the muscle. i have wide hips. small waist. i lost 45 pounds and my boobs drop. i weight around 145. i just want that natural implant look. is 475cc to big for my body.

Breast Implant Size

+2

It is impossible to give you any advice without seeing pictures or seeing you in person.  475 is a large implant for a small person and a moderate implant in a big person.  Hopefully your surgeon took the time to go over sizing and to evaluate your anatomy to find the appropriate fit.  I personally prefer silicone implants because I think that they feel more natural.  I am glad that you are doing under the muscle placement since that will provide more tissue cover between your skin and the implant. 

Good Luck.

Natural breast augmentation

+2

Each breast has two components: skin and volume.  natural looking breasts have a good balance between skin and volume, and the well-proportioned figure is in good balance top to bottom.  Implants, to look nmatural, not only have to match the skin envelope but also have to be the right size for the diameter of the chest: too big and they will hang off the side and crowd the cleavage area; too small and they will look like tennis balls.

Solving equations of balance for the figure, for the chest, and for the breast itself leads to good results and natural proportions and contours. 

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Nothing Beats An Examination

+2

Without more information it is impossible to know if this is the correct size for you.  I suggest an examination and consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons.   Are your breasts sagging too?  Frequently with this much  weight loss a women benefits from a Laser Bra at the same time.  Good Luck!  Dr Grant Stevens   

Grant Stevens, MD

Implant volume

+2

Is 475 cc's too big?  It is hard to say without an exam.  These are fairly large implants and in  many patients that I have treated will put you in the "D" or larger class. However, all bras are different .

Best Implant Size for Me

+2

Bra sizes are confusing. More often than not, a woman is not wearing a correctly fitted bra, doesn't know her bra size, or doesn't know how a bra is fitted.

Cup size is dependent on the "number" part of the bra size... a D cup in a 34 bra is a different size from a 42 bra.

That being said, bra manufacturers are not held to any uniform standards when it comes to cup size and shape... that is why one brand of bra might fit you very well for a given size, but not another brand. Or, you wear a 34D in a Victoria's Secret bra, and a 34C in another brand, for example.

When discussing breast size after augmentation, outward projection can be further determined by the "profile" of the implant. High school geometry: Height (projection) times Width (base width). A Higher Profile implant will give you a larger cup size for less volume than a Moderate Profile implant.

Furthermore, a saline implant looks bigger than a silicone implant of the same volume. That is because a saline implant is more oval (round on both top and base), while a silicone implant is flat on the base.

Some plastic surgery books have proposed the following parameters for breast augmentation:

32 bra: 100-200 ml per cup size
34 bra: 150-250 ml per cup size
36 bra: 200-300 ml per cup size
38 bra: 250-350 ml per cup size 

William A. Wallace, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+2

The fact that youhave lost almost one third of your weight ,and your breasts are sagging you need to replace the lost volume of your brests. You need to have at least 450 ml. implants . One way to get some idea what size implants are your best choice would be to ask your surgeon to insert a set of sizer implants in your bra & judge it for yourself. This usually works for my patients

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Size of breast implant

+2

After losing 45lb of weight I would expect some significant degree of breast ptosis which will require an implant on the larger side (such as recommended bu your surgeon) to fill. Of course it is impossible to say without photos/examination - but my preference normally would be a breast lift and possibly a smaller implant in stead.

Anindya Lahiri, MBBS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

475cc, Too Big?

+2

All breast sizes, big or small, are relative, but there are certain norms. A 475cc implant on a 36C breast, the end result will be around a double D. Double D’s are usually considered to be very large breasts. With that, the size of a double D breast will exert some pressure on the patients back and in the long run may cause some back problems. Most of the time a double D size is not a recommended breast size by many plastic surgeons. But again, it is important to communicate with the patient and really understand what their expectations are from the surgery. There are possible consequences of having a breast size that is too large for the frame; this is the doctor’s responsibility to make the patient aware of this.

S. Ozan Sozer, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

A Natural Breast Augmentation

+2

Breast augmentation is a great surgery, but it is very challenging to determine the perfect implant as it factors in a number of variables. Your anatomy, breast size, skin elasticity and the size and profile of implant all contribute to how that implant "shows" on your body. Traditionally, a 475 cc implant is on the larger size and would lead to a more significant augmentation, especially with a "c" cup.

The only way to make a good decision is to communicate with your surgeon, and make sure that he/she is listening to your desire. Often using a photograph of the "look" you are trying to achieve can be helpful (showy or subtle) as one person's "natural" can be anther's "too big."  Surgeons can make adjustments through the use of sizers in the OR to help fine tune your choice to better suit your needs.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

San Diego Plastic Surgeons

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Photos Would Help Here

+2

Dear Vanessa,

It is difficult to answer this question without seeing your proportion in a photograph or even knowing the dimensions of your breasts and chest. I have been practicing plastic surgery for over 20 years  and the art of choosing the right size implant to both meet the patients expectations and still look natural is a difficult one to master. In my practice we have the latest technology that completely takes the quess work out of this process, Vectra 3D. This is special camera that renders a 3D image of ones chest. The software contains the complete catalogue of available implants and sizes. Based on the patients proportions, the "right " size implant can be digitally inserted in the 3D photo giving both the doctor and the patient an accurate image of what ones breasts would look like with that particular size and profile implant. If you are in dobt, seek a board certified plastic surgeon that uses this device.

Good Luck

Leslie H. Stevens, MD