Do You Think 475cc Hp Silicone Subpectoral Would Be Too Big for Someone 5'3'' ? (photo)

I am having a hard time deciding between 450 and 475 cc hp silicone under the muscle. Do u think 475 would be to big for someone 5'2'' and 135 lbs? I have alittle tummy pudge as u can see w my 450cc sizers.

Hi Blaire

+2

You are relatively short and appear to have an athletic figure based on your information and picture.This is important because your proportions are important in planning for new breast size. It appears that you have chosen the high profile style from your photo. This size implant would normally result in a pretty big breast size for a woman of your stature. That being said, there is not much difference between the width and virtually no difference in the projection, (or how far the implant comes forward from your chest), between the two implants. Two questions: Is the size of implant considered here your choice,  or your surgeon's decision for you? Will the implant "fit" your breast, which involves not only the base width of your existing breast, but the skin envelope and qualities. Do you have kids? Are your objectives realistic to produce a natural, beautiful breast? It is not just the size that is important, but the shape and proportion of your breasts. This should be the more important, but unfortunately, not always the most considered factor. I am not opposed to large augmented breasts but you should consider the trade offs in the long term. 

Picking a breast implant size

+2

This is a question that only you can answer definitively.  If you like the size and contour that you are with sizing implants in your bra then most likely you are okay.  I like to give my patients an objective scale of implants that will be appropriate for their size and shape.  It is important that the base diameter be about the size of your existing base.  If this can be accomplished with an implant in the 450 to 474 cc range then you should be fine and happy with the final results. 

Breast Implant Sizing

+2

Breast implant sizing is one of the most important elements of planning for a breast augmentation. Each woman has her own perspective regarding what is "too small," "too large," or "just right."

Objectively, the implant needs to fit within the natural breast's footprint and the skin will stretch enough to accommodate the implant. Subjectively, it is important to determine if that implant size is appropriate for your frame. We have found that 3D simulations have been very beneficial for many women- especially considering the increased number of choices currently available (round vs shaped impants, silicone vs saline).

I suggest that you discuss your goals with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best of luck.

Lawrence Iteld, MD

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

475cc Implant Size

+1

There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.
Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Not much difference

+1

Not much difference between the 450 and 475. Mentor does not have a 475 HP for that reason. Do worry lose sleep over this.  Minimal difference. If you are not happy with one of these sizes likely you would not have been happy with the other

Joseph Barnthouse, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Is 450cc HP too large for 5'2

+1

In general I usually don't go above 400cc for people under 5'5" but the ultimate decision is yours.  You need to try them on and if you like the look, go for it.

Mark A. Schusterman, MD

Breast Implant Sizing #breastimplants

+1

My good old home college town. I went to UGA. So, to answer your question it just depends on the look you are trying to achieve and the dimensions of your breast. Implants come in many different shapes, sizes, and styles. It really is up to you and your surgeon to pick the implant that fits the width of your breast, and the one that gives you the look you are trying to obtain. It really has nothing to do with your height. It is 100% dependent on the measurements that your surgeon takes of your breast combined with the look you are trying to achieve. HP implants make you look more rounded with lots of upper pole fullness. Low profile implants lack projection and would leave you looking less rounded. Say hello to Athens, GA for me. I used to live in a house off Milledge in five points. Feel free to send me a direct message if you have other questions. Choose a good surgeon that is a board certified plastic surgeon. It is so important!

Richard J. Brown, MD

450 or 475 cc Implant

+1

Thank you for your question and picture.  It is important to achieve the look you want with breast augmentation.  Using sizers if often helpful for patients.  Additionally, I like patients to bring me a picture of a look and size they like.  This gives me more insight as to what they are thinking.  It is also very important to know one's base diameter in selecting implants.  Your surgeon can review this with you.  The difference between 450 and 475 is not that much.  If you like the 450's, I sometimes will suggest looking at both the 450 and 475 cc implants at surgery using sizers.  If they looked "about right" at 450 in the office, I might go the next size up, to offset being placed under the muscle.  Discuss this with your surgeon to help you make the best decision for you. 

Best regards,

Brian Joseph MD FACS

Brian Joseph, MD

Implant sizing

+1

Thanks for your question, the difference between the two implants is only around 5% of the total volume.  You are choosing a fairly aggressive size, make sure with your surgeon that they will fit well.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD