472cc Vs 533 Is This to Big for my Frame? (photo)

In three months I am doing a mommy makeover- Tummy tuck and breast lift with silicone imaplants. I am 5'5 155 pounds. Athletic build and want my breasts too look natural to my frame. I wanted a small D to a full D but I was not sure. I told my PS I didn't want to look too big. He suggested 472 or 533cc Silicone implants. Friends say 400 ccs on my frame is too big. I want to still look professional in the office without all the stares at my chest.

Choosing Implant sizes

+1

Choosing the implant sixe is a very difficult and important process. It depends on many things including your body measurements. It is not always about what size you want, but what size your body can safely hold. You may want to seek another consultation to discuss your size. Avoid listening to friends/family who don't have the proper training. Speak to a board certified plastic surgeon.

Cc's mean nothing!

+1

Focusing on cc's is not tebest approach t selecting implants. A ebetter way to determine size is by selecting the diameter of the implant and the projection that fits your chest dimensions and size you want to achieve.mthis is where the art and judgement comes into play. The cc's of the device is then determined. This is known as the dimensional approach to implant selection and is highly accurate.

Michael S. Beckenstein, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Implant size selection to achieve your goals

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.
This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.
I hope this is helpful.  I'm sure you'll love your results!

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implants for Me?

+1

It sounds to me like you would benefit from additional consultation/communication with your plastic surgeon. You may want to avoid anecdotal advice from friends and family.

This communication will be critical in determining which breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  In my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Hello

+1

Without knowing what cup size you are now it’s hard to say where 472-533 cc would take you to be. From what you are describing it’s still hard without seeing your whole body proportion. When you size with implants, makes sure you wear your normal shirts with the implants and see yourself profile and up front. Your chest should protrude as much as your bottom does, to make you proportioned. It’s not really about size of implant that matters its how they look on you and how it makes your body look. Make sure you take your time sizing with regular clothes to get what you really want. Good luck

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Size

+1

Breast implant size should be chosen based on definate measurements of the breast dimentions and you will fall within a range of sizes. Depending on how you want to look an implant is used out of that range of sizes of implants that fit your body. If the surgeon picks an implant size out of thin air, move on.