What do I do when LSL and Platysmaplasty fails?

I am 47 years old and I had a LS Lift 6 weeks Ago. During the cosultation I expressed to the doctor, and the coordinator who met w/ me my reasons for considering the procedure- my marionette lines as well as my neck. I was told the LSL and a platysmaplasty would take care of both -they did not.I have good skin elasticity and really didn't need anything else done. I recently expressed my concerns to the doctor and he said he would never promise the complete removal of marionette lines. The platysmaplasty didn't work either.I look the same but w/ scars.What can I do at this point?

Marrionette lines and platysma failure

+2

Marionette lines which I named in 1980 in my fat grafting paper( which started fat grafting) are as difficult to remove now as they were then. Fat grafting and corner mouth lift do help but nothing lifestyle lift offers does anything for them. Have the platysma fixed by a plastic surgeon and consider your lsl experience as a bad investment

Lifestyle lift failure

+1

The lifestyle lift is a trademarked term that generally refers to a lower third facelift and neck lift. It is very difficult to correct marionette lines and a lower third facelift is not a great treatment strategy for these lines. A midface lift may be more effective, however, even a midface lift is limited. The lifestyle lift should be very effective at correcting laxity in the neck. If the platysmplasty didn't work I would seek a second opinion to determine whether or not a revision may be necessary. Good Luck!

Todd C. Miller, MD

Sub optimal results from lifestyle lift

+1

If you are unhappy with the results from a lifestyle lift, you may want to see a board certified plastic surgeon to see if they can improve the results more likely with a full facelift.