Although Im 47 I Still Have Active Acne ..is Lazer Co2 Fraxel Recomended ?

i STILL have acnee and at this moment quite some painfull pimples....i am supposed to get lazer co2 fraxel next week...im not sure if its a good idea ...

Acne in adults

+3

Adult acne is very common and is becoming more common. The treatment really depends on the type of acne you have. I usually do not recommend laser until your acne improves. Beware of doctors that want to sell you laser treatments before you get better.

Acne Scars and Laser Resurfacing

+2

Many patients are left with scars from cystic acne that can be treated with either dermabrasion or a resurfacing laser.  I recommend to my patients that the acne be completely under control and in remission for over a year prior to having one of these procedures.  If cystic acne is still occuring it could result in additional scarring that may necessitate another resurfacing procedure.  As always, consult with a board certified dermatologist so an optimal treatment plan can be devised for your individual situation.

Anthony Perri, MD
Houston Dermatologist