I am 5"1, 115 lbs, barely an A cup. I want to be a C cup, will 460cc HP Silicone under the muscle be too big?

I am 5'1 and 115lbs. I chose 460 Ccs silicone High profile under the muscle. I have not even an A as of right now. I am just wondering if this is going to look too big. I have until tomorrow to change my size and am so unsure. I see pics that look ok at that size and others that look huge. I am wanting to be a C cup.

Too Big Breast Implants Will Create Unnatural Results

+2
Breast Implants that are too large will result in an unnatural look and also will damage the tissue. In order to get an idea of a range of sizes that could work for you, look at many, many before and after breast augmentation photos. Look for women who have a starting point like you and a result that looks like what you are hoping to achieve. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

460cc TOO LARGE?

+1
You’re absolutely right that some women look “ok” with a 460 cc implant while others look “huge”.  Just like breast implants come in several shapes, profiles and sizes so do women’s breasts and so the same implant placed in one woman is not going to look exactly the same in another woman.  This is why I recommend using your breast base width to find an implant that will fit your body.  The width of your breast is an important measurement to determine the range of implant sizes your body will hold.  During a consultation, I have my patient “try on” different implant sizes.  This allows me to visualize the additional volume that is needed to get the desired look.  I highly recommend meeting with your board certified plastic surgeon before surgery to confirm your implant size.

Be well and good luck!

@norrisplastic

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS

Too big?

+1
There is no way to tell other than through a personal consult.  I find cup size is not very helpful to figuring out final desired breast size.  Look at my websites at the before and after pictures and you will see many women who's  afters are a much larger bra cup size then you would have guessed based on the pictures.  I find it is better to try on implants until they feel like the correct size and then the surgeon and patient will be on the same page for expected breast volume

Chad K. Wheeler, MD
Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Avoid large implants and subsequent dissatisfaction

+1
Unfortunately, you have not told us your bra size just your cup size. If you are 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. If you are 36 or 38 each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. From this, you can compute the volume required to achieve your desired goal. 460 cc implants are large and if placed under the muscle will extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it. 22% of women who undergo breast augmentation alone require revision within 2 years because they are dissatisfied with the result.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

460 implants

+1
460 would be too large.  Although high profile implants allow narrow chested women to perhaps go a little larger than they might have been able to accomodate with moderate profile impmants, it is important not to push the envelope too far.  Implants that are too large definitely have higher complication and revision rates.  In addition they look unnatural.

Denton Watumull, MD
Richardson Plastic Surgeon

Large implant in small person

+1
My personal opinion is that a 460 cc implant is too large for your  body unless you really want everyone to know that you have had BA. My feeling is more in line with the esthetics of breast  surgery and balance between  the shoulders, breasts, waist and hips.  This size implant is out of proportion to the  size of your body. With such large implants, there  will be  little  doubt  from observers that you breasts are  augmented.

I wish you well !

Don Fontana, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Breast Aumentation

+1
Hi Ashley,
It is very hard to say without a physical evaluation or even a foto. That said 460cc is a  relatively big implants and should get you to your goal.  

Miguel Mota, MD

Breast aug

+1

To best help you, a physical examination or picture evaluation is required in order to determine which procedure and technique will work best for your case.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Implant selection

+1
You have a small frame based on the numbers I see, you are petite, and your breasts are small. I have had women of your size go to a "C" cup with as little as 300 cc. Of course this depends on how much they have to start with, but if you are asking for an opinion:
460 cc is pretty big. You might go up 3 cup sizes. If you were in my office I'd measure you, and you could try on different sizers in a bra, but my advice would be to go smaller than you have chosen, and I would probably let some other surgeon put these in you so I wouldn't have to see you back or deal with your problems due to the large implant size for your frame..

Victor Au, MD
Chapel Hill Plastic Surgeon

+1
Thank you for your question. It is not the size of the implants that matters most, but your chest wall, breast base measurement, tissue characteristics such as laxity, elasticity and tissue thickness. Anyone can shove a large implant under your breasts, but you have to discuss and consider the long term detrimental effect of a poorly thought out surgery on destroying your breasts and skin and end up a breast "cripple". Corrective surgery is always more expensive, involves more scars and less than ideal results. If your surgeon lets you be decision maker without proper counseling, please cut your losses now and see a board certified plastic surgeon for a proper evaluation. Right now your decision is reversible, after surgery it is not. BTW, do not expect to look "natural" with 460cc implants with your anatomy that you described. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon