Age 46 Considering Breast Aug. No History of Breast Cancer, But Have Pain When Stressed. Am I a Candidate?

I went for a mamo before my pre op I was badly hurt by the tech, Was in pain for 6 months, as a result they told me I had 2 solid nodules. 3 months later I went for a mamo and a ultra sound everything was benign and my DR. told me to come back next year. So far I have no family history of breast cancer,but when I am under stress I still have little pain here and there. 9 months after that horrible experience now I would like to know who I need to see to confirm that it is ok to have breast augmentation

Painful breasts before Aug / Senos adoloridos antes de implantes

+3

Having a painful mammogram should not stop you from having a breast augmentation.  Unfortunately your story is a somewhat common problem at certain centers or with certain machine operators.  A mammogram should not be painful, sometime there might be some discomfort.  I would recommend using an MRI and/or and ultrasound for futher follow up.  Make sure that the masses have been evaluted to the doctor's satisfaction before you get your breast augmentation.

Good luck with your surgery!

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD

El tener dolor durante una mamografia no debe ser un impedimento para someterse a un aumento de senos. Desafortunadamente su caso el algo comun en algunos centros medicos o con ciertos operadores de maquinas. Una mamografia no esta supuesta a doler pero si puede causar desconforto. Yo recomiendo un MRI o ultrasonido en su proximo chequeo. Este segura de que su doctor evalue bien los resultados de su mamografia antes de someterse a una cirugia de aumento de senos.

Suerte en su cirugia!

Atentamente,

Anire Okapku MD

Breast Augmentation

+1

I assume the pain you have in your breasts when you are stressed, that is often called soliders heart or tighting of the muscles of the chest under stress. Having breast implants will not change the condition but it may be or little worse or it could be a little better with it.

John S. Poser, MD

Breast Augmentation Regardless Of Painful Mammmogram

+1

Dear Hallandale,

Painful mammograms are common unfortunately. However, your negative experience with the mammograms should not prohibit you from getting a breast augmentation surgery given the fact that you do not have any red flags.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation after painful mammogram.

+1

Unfortunately, mammograms can be uncomfortable procedures. Having a painful mammogram is not a contraindication for a breast augmentation. However, I think it is important to know that after augmentation, mammograms can be more difficult due to the implant displacement techniques necessary to adequately visualize the breast tissue.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Pain post mammo

+1

This is not unusual to have pain post mammo but if your history is negative and your mammos are okay there is no reason you could not have a breast augmenation.I would recommed silicone.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation at age 46 with history of benign lumps

+1

Your mammographer should be able to get good views without hurting you.

Since your tests are all negative there is no reason why you cannot undergo breast augmentation.  If you have any palpable masses these can be biopsied at the time of surgery.  If there are any doubts at all about the mammograms you can have follow up exams wtih ultrasound or MRI.

From what you have written I think you are okay to proceed with augmentation, but discuss all of this with a seasoned Plastic Surgeon.

Daniel Greenwald, MD