I'm 46 with Marionnette Lines. Best Solution = Fillers?

Hi, I've been lucky in that I don't have crow's feet or much in the way of fine lines or spots. But I do have marionnette lines (my mother had them) and they're pretty bad. What is my solution? fillers? (Pardon my rather grim expression, I'm trying to show the lines.)

Fillers work to treat the marionette line

+1

Hi,

Without photos or examining you in person, it is difficult to say which treatment would be of most benefit to you. However, generally, fillers such as Juvederm Ultra Plus, Perlane or Radiesse can work well to eliminate marionette lines. In deeper folds, a bilayer technique is required (a deep layer of Radiesse and a more superficial layer of Juvederm or Restylane). Sculptra, which is not a filler but an injectable that promotes collagen formation, can work well in the lower face, as well, especially if the marionette lines are continuing down into the prejowl sulcus (the area in front of the jowls). Hope this helps!

Dr.Sunder

Marionette lines

+1

Of course without an exam it is difficult to say, but a facelift may help and fillers may help as well. You may need a facelift alone, to combine the two, or use just fillers for early marionette lines.

Radiesse or Artefill tend to last the longest for Marionette grooves.

+1

Artefill (lasts 4-5 yrs), Radiesse (lasts 1 yr), Perlane,Juvederm, Restylane (lasts 6-9 months) are all good fillers for the marionette grooves and are easy to get injected but do expect alittle bruising and may swell for 1-2 days. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment for Marionette Lines

+1

I find that HA fillers work extremely well for treating marionette lines, specially in younger patients such as you. I normally use a combination of a deep, volume enhancing filler with a more superficial filler in order to treat the lines. In very severe cases a combination of fillers with a lifting procedure is needed. Good luck!

Dr. A. Gantous

Andres Gantous, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon