Would 457cc Silicone Implant Be Too Much for my Frame. I Am 5ft and Weigh 130lbs? (photo)

I went in for a consult but am also looking into a few others. I am a mother and know that I would need a lift along with the augmentation. I want to achieve a nice look but not a fake look. I was told that the benelli lift would be good because I didn't sag too much. I was wondering if 457cc would cause me to bottom out? I was also told that I still had breast tissue. Should I go for a less cc of implant and if so, what would be a good cc size? I believe I am a b cup but not sure since I fit c

457 cc for 5 foot frame.

+2

Your nipple distance is far from the looks of your picture so you would need a wider implant to have good cleavage.  The 457 cc implant is a Allergan style 15 smooth implant which has a 13.7 cm diameter with a projection of 4.5 cm.  If your base diameter can accomodate a 13.7 cm implant then this implant can fit.  You look like a C cup right now and 457 cc should make you a DD cup.  If that is the size you wish to be then 457 cc would be good for you. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Is the 457cc too big

+2

The important thing to remember is what you wish to look like. A fuller breast often will require a larger implant to acheive a substantial result just like a bank deposit, small balance small deposit big difference, large balance small deposit not much to notice. An experienced surgeon will work with your photos and ideas and use skill and sizers to get you as close to your dream goal as possible. The 457cc right for you? Perhaps.

Choosing implants

+2

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Once a surgeon has this information he could better educate you on what type of implants would work best for you.
Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Would 457cc Silicone Implant Be Too Much for my Frame. I Am 5ft and Weigh 130lbs?

+2

A volume of 450 cc should be placed as a sizer, and you should try them on the office.  If you like the size, then it is likely that a profile can be chosen that will fit your chest wall.  You should expect at least a 2 cup size increase at your body size as an estimate.  The choice of lift will depend to some extent upon pocket dissection and size of implant.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Would 457cc Silicone Implant Be Too Much

+2

As is often the case, it depends upon your own objective for size. If you have had a chance to try on an implant and it looks too big, it is too big. If you haven't had a chance, ask your surgeon.

One common guideline plastic surgeons use is to avoid implants that are wider than the breast width itself. We don't have that measurement available here, but a  457 needs 13.7 cm of width. If that is wider than your breast, you can still get the same volume increase with a 450 high profile implants, which is only 12.4 cm wide. Expect about 2 cup size increase at these volumes. 

Instructive in these photos is how the breasts change with arm elevation. In the photo on the right, it looks like you have marked asymmetry, and that a lift might not be needed on the left were that the breast position with arms at the sides. Standard breast photos have the arms at the sides, and it looks like none of these photos are taken in that manner. For evaluation about the need for a lift, those photos would be needed. I cannot tell from these posted photos if a lift is needed at all, although it would be a borderline call. 

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Although online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice, some general thoughts may be helpful to you.

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Sizing and a lift

+1

Without an exam it is very difficult to tell you what would be best for you.  Implant volume will depend upon your anatomy and your volume desire.