Is a 457 moderate silicone implant adequate to increase your cup two sizes

I am medium built 5'4" 137 lbs with a 34c (small c). Will 457 silicone imolants increase my cup to DD? If not what would you recommend?

Probably, but cup size is not standardized

Hi there - it's likely that the size range will reach your goals.  However, it's important to note that cup size is not standardized among bra companies, and gets less and less reliable above C cup size.  Be sure to discuss your goals with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and they will help make sure you reach them.

450 Sutter St.
San Francisco, CA 94108

That should be adequate volume to increase you to that cup size!

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

1510 W. 34th Street
Austin, TX 78703

Implant Selection

I think your desired cup size can be reach with this implant range.   However, It is much better to accurately discuss implant volume and projection with an in office exam and detailed measurements.

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements/characteristics. I use these measurements to help me during the sizing process to guide you to a safe result for your chest wall and just as important, one that meets your end desires.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor. The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant. It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you during the sizing process.

In addition, review of photos and use of rice bags can be very helpful to the patient and surgeon in achieving a safe and happy result. Close intereaction and involvement from your surgeon during this process can help alleviate the anxiety and fears of choosing the right size.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

9200 Pinecroft
The Woodlands, TX 77380

Unfortunately, there is no way to guarantee a cup size.  Cup sizes are not standardized for bras so a DD in one brand or style could be different in another.  Also keep in mind that a 457 moderate silicone implant in your body isn't going to look the same in someone else's.  How much larger you will become after a breast augmentation isn't just about the size of the implant; it's also about the amount of breast tissue you already have.  So for example putting a 400cc implant in someone with an A cup isn't going to produce the same size after surgery as putting it in someone with a C cup like you.The best thing to do is have a full consultation and try on different implants to determine the additional volume that is required to give you the look you want.  Trying on the different implants will allow you and your surgeon to visualize the look you want to achieve.  Be sure to research only board certified plastic surgeons.

Be well and good luck!

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS

6400 Fannin St
Houston, TX 77030-1524

457 cc breast implants should increase breast size by 2 cups

Thank you for your question.  As others have stated cup size depends on the manufacturer in the store from whom you by your bras.  Generally a each 150 cc added to a breast implant will increase breast size by 1 cup.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

195 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02116

Enough volume

From your description it sounds like you are on the right track.  Remember that bra sizes vary widely but an implant of that volume should put you in what I would consider a DD

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

7700 Cat Hollow Drive
Round Rock, TX 78681

Breast augmentation

Most likely it will.

In my own practice we keep silicone gel implants of all sizes available for patients to try on in a testing bra. This is not a perfect teaching tool because under the muscle implants tend to lose some projection, but because my patients look it actual implants on their frame I find it the most helpful.
I encourage my patients to bring a friend or friends for a second or third opinion, and to bring a few different shirts.
I suggest as you look at implants you think about the relationship between the width of the breast and the width of the shoulders and hips. Two wide will make you look top heavy, too narrow will make the breasts look like torpedoes. I personally like to see the outer curve the breast have balance with the curve of the hip.
Once we hone in on the right diameter we then look at the projection of the breast which changes the cup size. At the correct diameter we can use a high moderate or low profile implant depending upon the patients goals.
Depending upon the starting situation, and the degree of droop we adjust accordingly.
Photographs of your goals are helpful, but they don't always tell the whole story. They don't always let you know a height and width of the entire patient.

Marwan R. Khalifeh, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

5454 Wisconsin Ave
Chevy Chase, MD 20815

It depends on your height and weight and what size your breasts as to start. The smaller you are the more dramatic the change!

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

214 Sullivan St
New York, NY 10012

Right breast implants

On average, an implant of 400 - 450 cc will increase breasts by 2 cups. But bra cups are not scientific sizes.

The right breast implant must be chosen with care with measurements, discussion of types of implants, surfaces, gel and risks.
This is a Plastic Surgery specialty - see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Those of us who are also members of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons specialize in these and other cosmetic procedures.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

2045 Peachtree Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30309

DD cup

Cup size after surgery is very tricky because all of the bras run differently. 457cc implants probably will bump you up two cup sizes but there is no guarantee. Again, it depends on the style and fit of the bra you choose. I would check back with your surgeon and pose this question. He or she is best suited to answer because they have already examined you.

Lee E. Corbett, MD

13125 Eastpoint Park Blvd
Louisville, KY 40223