I Have 450ccs Through Crease & Like How my Breasts Look Without a Bra but As Soon I Put a Bra on They Look Way Too Big!

I'm thinking of reducing my implant size but I am not sure. With a bra on my breasts look huge and I don't like it. When I wear outfits that don't require a bra, I am content with the size because they look like a large C cup. I wear a size 34D/DD right now! I am 5'7 and weigh 125lbs. A C cup is what I orignally wanted any way. Any advice would be appreciated.

Implants Too Big in Clothes

+3

Unfortunately, no surgery is perfect and the fact that you like your breasts in one scenario and not the other is a dilemma you will likely not solve. You will then trade your situation for liking your breast in a bra and not out of one.  Then you will have to adjust to the new smaller breasts as there is nothing you can do to make them look bigger naked.  Be honest with yourself and pick the more desirable situation and proceed. Remember that "down-sizing" your implants can necessitate some sort of a lift if there is some degree of excess skin or skin stretch. 

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

Reducing implant size

+2

The choice of implant size is important pre-operatively but we can really never predict a post-op cup or bra size. Decreasing implant size to a point where there is a true difference in breast size may involve to need to tighten your breast tissues. The best way to assess what would help you achieve your goal would be to either return to your plastic surgeon if possible or seek consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Size

+1

Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:

1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.

2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.

3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.

On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.

Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.

On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.

4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Breast size a matter of perception?

+1

It is not possible for your breasts to be one size with a bra on, and be smaller once you remove your bra. This particular problem seems to be one of self-perception. You need to decide which is more important to you; liking your breasts when they are in a bra, or likely them when they are out. If you are wearing a push-up type bra, it will certainly give the appearance that you have more upper pole fullness. You should consider wearing a less supprotive bra that will not change your breast aesthetic drastically.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

+1

If anyone needed to post a frontal photo it is you. Very hard to advise without seeing the issue in and out of a bra. 

Implants appear larger in bra

+1

Hi,

Judging from the size of your implants, your ht and wt, I can guess that you were quite small chested before your surgery. I have found that it takes some women a lot longer than others to get used to their new larger breasts. When a patient presents with this dilemma, my advice is to wait a few months before they make a decision to go smaller. Also, have you tried using a sheer bra instead of a lightly padded one? This simple tip, might solve your problem. Overall, I usually don't recommend a second surgery to go 1 cup smaller. Wait, and get used to your new look! Save your money. Best wishes, Dr H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon