Will 450cc Saline Under Muscle Be a Full C Cup?

I still seem to look small, I'm also 5'4". I had the breast aug on Feb. 8th (2013- recently), and I am about two Mondays away from my six week post-op follow-up. Somehow, I feel as if I should have gone up to 500ccs. I know I need more than six weeks to see the final result, however, I am baffled by how small I look right now although they have yet fully settled. High Profile 425 bags filled to 450cc Saline 34b (pre-op)

Concerns about Cup Size after Breast Surgery?

+2

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure.   Although your concern and curiosity are understandable, my best recommendation to you would be to  continue to be patient and evaluate the end results of surgery 3 to 6 months from now.

On the same lines, I would suggest that you not worry too much about exactly what cup size you will be;  certainly do not base your satisfaction with the outcome of the procedure on achieving a specific cup size.  As you know, bra cup sizes will vary from one bra manufacturer to another…

Best wishes;  hopefully, you will be very pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Implant size

+1

The implant size you chose should easily make you a C cup, but cup size can be subjective.  You should definitely give them time to settle before a final assessment on size.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Give it time

+1

Hello. Six weeks is not enough time for the implants to settle. Your implants will not settle for about another two months and I would not be too worried about your outcome until then. Many patients feel that their implants look larger over time.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

450 cc after being a B cup

+1

A 450 cc implant should give you a good increase in volume. Figure approximately 150-200/ cup size.  

Implant size and breast cup

+1

implant size and breast cup

More information including weight and breast/chest size would help, but in general even a 36 chest should achieve a D cup with 450 cc.  an additional 50 would be 10% more  and not much change

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Congrats on going forward with your new look. i would give yourself 3-6 months to evaluate your new look. Your question is a common one. You should decide on how you look and feel.Keep in touch with your surgeon Thomas Narsete, M.D.

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Saline implants and size questions

+1

In general, for every 200 cc of implant volume you should go up about 1 cup size. Going  up an additional 50 cc will be a minimal change.  As a plastic surgeon it is my job to understand what my patient wants and it is the patients job to make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same wavelength.  I give may patients an objective range of implant volumes base on their base diameter and degree of projection.  Saline filled implants are not designed to hang over the edge of the chest wall.  So there is a limit to the size of implant that can be used in order to avoid complications such as rippling along the lower lateral edge.  

Breast Implant Size

+1

I'd like to see your preop & postop photos.  If you were indeed a 34B cup preop, then 425 cc saline implants should certainly give you a full C, even a D- , cup in my experience.  My A cup patients in whom I place 375 cc saline implants under the muscle usually achieve a nice, full C cup.  Perhaps you were looking for a D?A professional bra fitting can sort this out.  Hope this helps.

Peter J. Simon, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon