450cc Mod Plus or 500cc HP - Both Silicone Mentor Crease Incision Under Muscle?

Had my consult a cpl days ago, I showed my PS some pics of what I wanted & he suggested 450cc Mod+ silicone mentor crease incision under muscle. I wanted them a bit bigger so he proposed 500cc to get the look of 450cc. He said he’d like to use HP if I was to go with the 500cc as the base diameter of mod+ will be too wide for my BWD. HP worries me as I don’t want them to look super fake but I should trust his judgement, right? Preop: 38B/36C 5’5 145lbs Medium Frame athletic

Choosing Best Breast Implant Size/Profile?

+2

Yes, once you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully and have communicated your goals clearly you will have to trust his/her judgment.  Based on  preoperative and intraoperative findings,measurements, evaluation of your chest wall and soft tissues,  considering factors such as goals/height/personality/favorite activities your plastic surgeon will be responsible for selecting the breast implant size/profile that will most likely achieve your goals (while minimizing risks of complications).

Again, careful selection of your plastic surgeon (hopefully based on demonstrable quality of work) and careful communication of your goals (I prefer the use of goal pictures)  will be critical steps in the process of achieving your goals.

Breast implant choices

+2

If the 450 mod plus implants had the proper base width for you, you can't go bigger without going up to the HP.  There is only so much width (diameter of the implant) each person can handle so unless that size implant in a particular profile is enough, all you can do is to go to a higher profile for more size.  This also looks more "fake" but the Mentor HP gels really don't look too fake.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Getting sized for breast implants is much more involved than it seems at first thought. The best sizing is done in the office

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

Getting sized for breast implants is much more involved than it seems at first thought. It requires a full consultation with detailed questions to see exactly what your goals are, short and long term. It also requires precise measurements of your current breast dimensions, the dimensions of your chest wall, as well as preoperative photography, standard or 3D imaging.

To see what the best options are for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS