Is 450cc HP Too Big? (photo)

I'm 5'8" , 120lbs and wear a size 34AA bra after breastfeeding. I am trying to decide between (after PS recommendations) a 450 HP 12.4 or 371 MP 12.9 silicone under. I want to be a full C...not really anything larger. I'm very torn between which implant would be best. I love my PS - he has been great...but I guess I just want someone to say...this will probably make you a big B vs this one will make you a big D. Can I please get other expert opinion on expected result for someone my size? Thanks

Implant Sizing

+3

All the other nice surgeons were either giving you a cut and paste answer or just dancing around your question telling you how to size a patient for an implant. The fact of the matter is that you have posted a photo of yourself showing your breast shape and size, and you are asking very specifically would a 450HP or a 371MP be ok.

Although a physical exam would confirm this, I will venture to say that you are unequivocally NOT a good candidate for either implant, as they are both too projecting and wide. The one parameter that is the crucial limiting factor for large implants in you is your short distance between your nipple and your inframammary fold.  Those implants will either rest way too high above your nipples, or your surgeon will give you a double bubble trying to get them to sit low enough on your chest wall so that they will be properly aligned with your nipples.  If you love your PS, then ask him to 'dimensionally size' you to determine the maximum size implant that your anatomy will tolerate without complications.  You will have to accept the fact that you can't always get what you want in the world of breast augmentation.

Aside from your specific question about those implants, no one can tell you what size bra size you will be with any given implant for two reasons:  it is very unpredictable how a given implant will affect a change in your breast size and shape, and bra sizes are non-standardized and very variable.  I have seen two women of similar breast size get similar implants and end up with very different bra sizes.

I hope this has been helpful to you and that you heed my advice.

BBA

+1
This is always a difficult decision for some. In my opinion, the best thing to do is have a thorough sizing session. I provide my patients with a range of about 3-4 implants that are appropriate for their specific measurements. I then have them try these implants on in a special sizing bra. With this process, my patients have been able to choose their own implants. I have found this to be the best method for implant sizing. Be sure to see a board certified PS in your area. They should be willing to spend the time with you doing this. Best of luck!

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Sizing

+1

Since there is no standard on cup sizes a discussion based on this parameter is not very useful. You will have a more natural look with the moderate profile implant.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Small Chest Wall and High Profile Implants

+1

Any patient with a small chest wall width who wants a large increase in size will need high profile implants.  In general, 450 ml will probably increase your cup size by 2 cup sizes.

Implant selection 450 HP

+1

450 Hp implants are fairly large and may be too big for you.  It is best to determine sizes based upon your anatomy and your desire, and this is done during consultation.

Breast implant size selection begins with the patient's wishes...

+1

The determination of breast implant size begins with what you want.  However, it is important to realize that compromises are often necessary.  These decisions are based on the quality of your skin and tissues, the amount of available skin, and your own genetically determined skin elasticity.  The best advice is to go to an experienced and reputable board-certified plastic surgeon who can take you through the implant site selection process.  This involves a clear discussion of expectations and wishes as well as a realistic decision based on your own tissue characteristics.

George H. Landis, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Implant size is determined by the patient's wishes.

+1

Somehow, by pictures or trial implants or video imaging, you and your plastic surgeon should connect on the appearance you want.  The size and projection will be determined from that.

Implant size selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.
Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
 The best online advice I can give to ladies ( in regards to best breast implant size/profile) who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “ natural”  or “full C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.