Is 450cc Big for Me?

I have a BA consultation scheduled on Oct 11 and I was wondering if 450cc-475cc will be a good size for me. I'm 24 years old, 5'4", 120 lbs and never had children. I'm a 32a in bra size and would like to achieve a full D. Silicone implants is what I'm interested in. The ideal look I'm going for is big, yet not porn star big. Please help!

450 cc implants too Big

+2

If you wear a size 32 A bra then each 100 cc's of implant will correspond to 1 bra size change.  475 cc implants will take you up almost 5 breast sizes, which will make you about a size F.  I think that is too big.  Also, when placed retro-pectoral you may not be able to accomodate an implant that large.  The goal is to achieve beautiful breasts.  Many things determine a beautiful breast.  The least important is voume.  The position on the chest wall, symmetry, roundness and the nipple position are just as important as the size.  Unfortunately, you have not provided us with any photographs and you may need a lift.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant selection

+1
Basing the success of breast augmentation on cup size is not advisable as cup size varies considerably from company to company. Implant selection should be a collaboration between the patient based on her needs/objectives and the surgeon based on his or her expertise and experience. Consult with 3 board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options and choose the one that best understands your needs/goals/objectives and can deliver a beautiful natural looking result. You may be able to achieve the desired appearance at a smaller cup size.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Proper Implant Selection

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Right size for you.

+1

Selecting an implant for you depends on several factors.  Selecting an implant size is dependent on patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height) as well as patients' wishes.  It  is hard to give you a recommendation without examining you. You should try some sizers and talk with your plastic surgeon.  Please remember that implant cc volume does not correlate with cup sizes. Also, try to look at pre and postop photos that reflect your body size and desired look.  Best of luck!

Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

450 cc Implant. Is it the right size?

+1

This is a difficult question to answer.  Implant sizing involves a detailed physical examination that will evaluation of the soft tissue thickness and quality, chest wall width, etc.  It is best to keep your consult and after that you will have a better idea if a 450 cc implant is right for you.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Implant Sizing

+1

Many patients focus solely on the size of the implant and tend to ignore the importance of their chest dimensions and the quality of the tissue that will be available to provide coverage over the implant.  These are very important considerations and an experienced plastic surgeon should be able to provide you with guidance as you make these decisions.  Also, it is important to understand that the implant will stretch the overlying skin and thin the breast tissue so that over time you will have less tissue to cover over the implant.  This does not even take into consideration the changes that will occur with gravity, pregnancy and weight changes.  My advice is to be somewhat conservative and remember that the decisions you make at age 24 will have implications for the rest of your life.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size Selection

+1

Your question is likely the most common question with respect to breast augmentation.
I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning & 2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Is 450cc Big for Me?

+1

Without photos and perhaps some measurement it would be rather foolish to hazard a guess/answer to your question. 

For that size to fit, your skin must be sufficiently pliable, and the width of your breast tissue should  be about as wide as any implant you choose, or you will be risking an unnatural or possible bizarre appearance.

See a board certified plastic surgeon with suitable experience with breast surgery to help guide you through the decision process.

Thanks, best wishes.