Is 450cc Too Big for Someone 5'6 and 175lb?

so my surgery date has been set for january 2011 and i'm kinda confused about the sizing. i liked the 450cc but not to sure if its too big for me.

Breast implants-large sizes

+2

It may actually be too small for your frame. I normally judge the size from what the patient shows me in books that we have in the office. You can go to my site and most of the patient pictured there had implant sizes of 450 plus. Watch my videos.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

How to determine the right size breast implants for you

+2

This may be a great size for you if you have a general idea of how this will look.  Check out some pictures of women with the same size implants that you're requesting and see if the look is what you desire.  Also, try placing samples of the implants in your bra to get a rough idea of how you'll look after the operation.  Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

450 cc implants for your body habitus

+2

Everyone is shaped a bit differently, and it really depends upon what you are looking to achieve.  I have placed plenty of implants in this size range and they look size appropriate when I have done so.  Since I did not examine you, I could not tell you for sure.

VIDEO: Breast measurements (not height and weight) help determine the recommended implant size

+1

There is no perfect breast size for all seasons. What works for you now may not suit you 10 years from now. With that having been said, there are certain criteria which we use to guide our choice of implants and these are measured by a plastic surgeon during the course of a consultation.

450cc Too Big for Someone 5'6 and 175lb

+1

Need photos to best determine exactly what you could have as for size. I think 450 cc would be enough but if you want large than go larger. 

Breast Implant Size

+1

There is a not a one-size-fits-all approach to breast implants and not every breast implant will work for every patient.  The sizing and profile really needs to be determined between you and your plastic surgeon.  Factors include the look you are trying to achieve and your anatomy.  Good luck with your surgery.

David Shafer, MD

Maybe, maybe not.

+1

Size is only one important factor to consider when choosing a breast implant.  For example, a 450 cc implant could be wide and flat, or narrow and project out from the chest.  So you can see, than shape also needs to be considered.  Texture, position (in front of, or behind the muscle), desired "look", and body type, are some of the other factors that will determine what you look like after breast augmentation.  All of these issues should be addressed by your surgeon, who will then likely give you a range of implants that will work for you.  It's sounds like that's what may have happened at your consultation.  If after conidering all of these factors, 450 looked good to you, it probably will make you very happy.  It certainly sounds within the relm of possibility for most patients who are 5'6", 175 lbs.  Hope this helps.  Good luck.  Enjoy.

Daniel Sherick, MD
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon