Will 450cc Allegran Style 20 Under Muscle Implants Give Me D Cup?

I am 5'4" 125 lbs small 34b 12 " bwd

BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Bra size after Breast Implants

+1

I find the best way to determine bra size is to try the implants on yourself in a bra in the office. Whichever bra you fill appropriately in the office with the implants placed over your natural breast will most likely be the bra size you wear after surgery. There is great difference in bra size depending on the brand of bra. 

Michael Horn, MD

Hello

+1

In our practice we tell our patients that 200-225cc equal to one cup size. If you are a B cup then you are looking in the right range for a D cup. Good luck

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

450cc Allergan Style 20 for D-cup?

+1

With regard to implant choices to enlarge your breasts, there are a number of things to consider. Your chest circumference and breast width are very important factors when choosing an implant.

The best thing to do is to try on some sizers in a non-padded bra at your plastic surgeon's office to figure out what you think looks good. I think that a 450cc implant for your dimensions will put you way over a D-cup. Don't get hung up on cup size or even implant size. After you've made your decision, ask your surgeon if he or she thinks the implant you've picked would safely fit within your body's measurements. In general, an implant should be selected with a diameter that fits within your breast width. This will help to avoid certain complications.

Thanks for your question. Best of luck!

Gregory Park, MD

Implants to achieve a D cup

+1

The implant size you are considering, 450cc, will give you an increase of essentially 2 cup sizes over your present size. Figuring that a 8 oz. cup of fluid is almost 240 cc helps to guide the calculation. The sizing of bras is not as scientific as it is marketing. Just look at how the same size bra from Victoria's Secret will be labelled compared to one from Macy's, for example. I have found that 3 dimensional imaging with computer simulation to be the most accurate way to predict how the breasts will actually look with various implant sizes. If your plastic surgeon does not have this technology there are online resources that will let you get an excellent idea how that size implant will make you look after your procedure.

Scott A. Brenman, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Allergan 450cc style 20 submuscular implants

+1

Your question regarding cup size is common. There is no standard on cup sizes so this is difficult to quantify. The implants need to be properly sized for your breast width and height and weight.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implant Size for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, there is no way to give you meaningful advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals.

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Implants To Give Me D Cup?

+1

There are no fixed definitions of cup size, making it extremely hazardous to discuss sizes. When you are at a consultation, try on implants, concentrate on what looks good on you. your surgeon can help assess if that size is appropriate--the breast is not infinitely stretchable. When you find a size you like, that will be more valuable than the number and letter on your bra!!

Trying not to completely ignore your question though, it is a rule of thumb that for each 200-225 cc of implant a patient will get about an increase of one cup size. 

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.
Thank your for your question, best wishes.