Would 450 ccs saline moderate look good on my frame or could I do 500s? What size would I be with each? (photo)

I am 140lbs muscular/toned 25 years old and 5'4. I am currently in 32 D or 34 C. I was naturally big breasted with 32F from the age of 13 to 23 and then they started shrinking and losing volume when I went to the fire academy. My question is would I look good with 450ccs moderate saline or could I go up to 500s? I am getting a vertical lift with this. My doctor is Dr. FRIEDMAN in Plano, TX and my surgery is right before Christmas.

Merry Christmas!

+2
Dear A, Coupled with a vertical lift, you will have a very nice result with either implant. However, it does appear that for your frame a 500cc implant might be a bit much, might make the lift scars very tight and prone to spreading, and will probably bring you to at least a DD cup size. Your chest wall and breast diameter measurements would determine this and I am sure that your American Board of Plastic Surgery board certified surgeon is well aware of these numbers. Good luck!

Breast lift with implants

+2

Based on your pictures I think both are a fine choice. If your doctor thinks that implant is too wide for your base dimension then they may switch to a moderate plus profile. Gel implants an option as they tend to wrinkle less and are a bit softer and lighter. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

450 ccs saline moderate or could I do 500s?

+2

The difference between those two implants is less than half a bra cup size. But be careful in choosing your surgeon, because many patients with your physique will not have a very good result without either a lift or a dual plane technique or both.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Try on some sizers and discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon

+2

Hi ABogmenko. The appropriate breast size is a very personal issue, and I think it must be make by the patient. That being said, I think the difference between 450 and 500 cc is about 10% and is relatively minor. Implants tend to look a little smaller once they are put into the patient. I suggest you try on some sizers, take your time and discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size for Me?

+2

Despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with meaningful specific advice. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation/lifting surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging may also be very helpful during this communication process.

Keep in mind, that there is no specific/reliable correlation between size of breast implant used and specific breast cup size achieved.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Avoid large implants and vertical scar

+1
At size 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implants corresponds to 1 cup size change. 500 cc implants would take you up 5 cup sizes. I never use a vertical lift technique because of the ugly vertical scars. Instead, I use a technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift. Using a circumareola incision and an inframammary incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. I think the implants you are choosing are too large and a vertical lift will give you unsightly scars. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon