450 cc high profile silicone breast implants, with a lift, look too small 3 months post op. What can I do? (photo)

I got 450 cc high profile silicone implants, and a lift, 3 mths ago wanting to go from a very small B to a full D. I am 5'5", 133 lbs, fairly athletic, and had little breast tissue to start with.They look nice but not like a D!They seem flat & round. I thought they would extend further out rather than being round.I wear a bra 24 hrs a day, and sleep in one.Should I stop?Could this be why?If the tissues stretch any more or drop any further I'll need another lift!They don't feel tight either.HELP!

Breast implants look too small 3 months after

+1
Dear brandnewlife, You have a very nice result for a peri-areolar mastopexy (lift), also called a doughnut mastopexy. Normally this kind of lift produces a flattened breast mound and a projecting nipple/areola which is the way you're shaped now.  Also the purse stringing done to reduce the size of the areola always look irregular.  Having said that I still like your result very much.  The roundness and lack of lateral breast may be due to the use of high profile implants.  They could be wider and not so round if you had moderate profile implants.  Lastly the size problem is the easiest to fix, you just need bigger implants!  Typically to make a noticeable difference I advise to go at least 100 cc or more larger.  Less increase is not noticeable.  I hope this helps!  Dr Brou

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Shortcomings of a Benelli Lift

+1

are flattening of projection which is inherent in that kind of lift.  That being said, your results at 3 months do look quite acceptable and visually to me, approach a D cup easily.  I almost guarantee that if you went bra shopping at Victoria's Secret, you will be leaving with D cups.  If you have any concerns with your final results, its suggested you see your surgeon about them.  The wrinkling around the areola will improve with time but other issues can always develop.

Curtis Wong, MD

3 Month Breast Augmentation Results

+1

You have a very nice result at three months from surgery. While there may be a discrepancy about what size implant was going to achieve your D cup goal, there are certain shape features of a combined breast reshaping with a lift and implants that can be expected. The breast shape will always be more round and the projection will be a little flat. Those shape issues are unavoidable. You may consider a larger implant to get a bigger breast size but that will not make the breast mound less round and less flat across the nipple area.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Breast lift

+1

Your breasts look very nice at three months but you have to be patient and let it heal. Good luck.

Post BA Uplift

+1
Thank you for your message - firstly your breast look very good at 3 months post op. So stop worrying and enjoy them. Secondly 450cc implants will give you about 3 cup size increase so achieving your goal.  Hope that this helps.  Have a very Merry Christmas.

Christopher J. Inglefield, MBBS, FRCS
London Plastic Surgeon