Is 450 Cc too Big for Me? and What Type of Lift Should I Get?

Im asking these questions because Im going to my docs.. appointment in september but before I go I want to get some info on what is obtainable for me...I know thats the PS job but im curious and impatient :)

+2

Based ONLY on the posted photo I would recommend a staged operation. Stage I Full lift to create the breast and N/A mound in a better location. Than in 3 months Stage II implant of your 450 cc implant. 

Breast Augmentation with a lift may be better in 2 stages

+2

450cc is probably not too big for you, but you will most likely need a lift beforehand.  I would do the lift first and allow the breasts to heal for 3-6 months, and then get the augmentation.  This will help to prevent extreme stretching of the areolae and most likely give you the best aesthetic result.  An exam in person is helpful to give you the exact procedures that will help to achieve your aesthetic goals in addition to providing you with answers to all of your questions.  Thanks for your questions!                         Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://www.baltimoreplasticsurgery.com/Procedures_BreastAugmentation_865362.aspx

Choosing the right type of breast lift

+2

Hi,

My colleagues are correct in stating that you need to establish what you desire from your procedure. A few things to consider:

• your height (if proportion is important to you)
  • where you choose to place your implants; behind or in front of the muscle (keep in mind that your surgeon will be able to place a larger implant in front of the muscle - however, I do not recommend this since the weight of the implant will eventually stretch your skin faster - you will then end up with same problem you have now, but with larger breasts, which is harder to correct in the future
  • the larger the implant the less of a lift you will need=less scarring

Now, if size is not an issue for you and you only desire to lift your breasts to their original position, I suggest the "Ultimate Lift". Lifting your breasts to their original position will make them appear larger and perkier. I hope this is helpful. Best wishes, Dr H

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/Default.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Significant breast sagging and asymmetry correction

+1

If you select the right implant with enough volume and projection you should be able to get some uplift but will still need a breast lift.  The ideal procedure for you would be a breast lift, most likely a vertical type.   Your breast shape with this degree of asymmetry is difficult to correct and will require two different breast implants sizes or a decrease in the breast tissue volume on the right side. 

Breast implant size

+1

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/choosing-your-size.htm

Breast lift and augmentation

+1

Women like you who are considering both breast enlargement and augmentation require the most individualized surgical plan. There are so many variables that there are many, many different options and what might be right for you might not for another woman with a very similar problem. You will gain most from your consultation if you have thought about your personal goals beforehand. What size do you want to be? How important is it to you to look natural? How "perky" do you want to be? Etc. And you may benefit from consultation with several plastic surgeons as different surgeons have different approaches. You can learn from all the consultations and make a more informed decision about your surgery. And do be certain that your surgeon is board certified in plastic surgery. You are to be congratulated on doing your homework before your consultation; you will benefit much more from the consultation if you are prepared. Good luck to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Implant size determined by your frame

+1

Hi,

During your consultation with your plastic surgeon, he/she should measure your breast width.  This will help guide the choice of implant size.  Other factors considered include your desired size and the quality of your tissues.  Since you also need a lift, and I prefer the superior pedicle mastopexy (you would most likely have a lollipop pattern scar), I use as small an implant as possible while still achieving the patient's goals.  The implant works against the lift because it increases the breast weight and therefore contributues to sagging, so the smaller the better.  Ultimately it is a trade-off and these decisions are made in consultation with the patient.  Good luck.

Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD, MS

Breast Augmentation & Lift

+1

First of all, it appears in your photo that you have some breast asymmetry in which case you will need 2 different sized implants to correct this.  I cannot comment on the appropriate size without obtaining measurements and examing you, but bear in mind that you will get a more natural look and lessen your chances of complications if you choose an implant which is smaller that your breast diameter.  It looks as if you would benefit from an areolar reduction and a vertical or lollipop lift to improve your sagging.

Questions about implant size and type of lift for a breast augmentation and mastopexy

+1

For a breast augmentation with or without a lift, the implant CC's by itself is not the foremost issue. It is what are your goals and what type of look and general cup size are you aiming to achieve. Any numbers that are offered over the internet such as this site are pure conjecture. You would need a consultation and precise evaluation of your breasts and anatomy in general. Then, at that point, a range of implant sizes and configurations can be considered.

Regarding a lift, from you photos it appears that you most probably would require an anchor shaped scar (inverted-T) to help lift and contour your breasts and obtain closer symmetry.

Web reference: http://www.arizonabreast.com