450cc / 400cc HP Silicone. I Want Them Removed.

450 and 400 Cc Hp Silicone. I Was a Small B I Want Them Removed? Minor Stretch Marks?  that sometimes disappears. one dr told me i will not need a lift but i am not so sure ?

Breast Lift after implant removal (explantation)

+2

These are sizable implants and they no doubt stretched your skin envelope, Your ability to contract may depend on several factors. However, it appears that your need for a lift is questionable and not definite. Therefore, I would urge you to undergo removal followed by at least 9 months of assessing the result rather than committing to a lift with definite scars. You can always undergo a  lift at a later date.

Breast implant removal

+1

What your breasts will look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 
Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Occasionally, I see patients who just want the implants removed because they don't want the implants "to be a part of them" anymore.  Make sure you think about this and that this is the right thing for you.  It's difficult to say if you need a lift after removal -- no one will know exactly what your breasts will look like after the implants are removed until it is done.  Talk to a well-trained and experienced board-certified plastic surgeon and get good advice.

Removing breast implants

+1

You'll most likely need a lift after explantation, but it's difficult to say without actually seeing you first.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Breast Lift After Breast Implant Removal

+1

Whether or not you need a breast lift after an implant removal is based on 3 factors.

1. Did you need a lift before and were using the implants to avoid a lift?

2. The quality of your skin and tissues. If they are thin and stretched then you may need a lift to tighten the skin.

3. How big the implants are and how long the implants were in place. The bigger the implants and the longer they've been in, the more thinned out your skin and tissues will get which increases the chances that you will need a lift.

Of course, you can always have the implants removed, see how your breasts respond and have a lift at a later date if you need one.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Dr. Babak Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Breast implant removal

+1

If you are unhappy with having implants and are unsure if you want or need a breast lift afterwards, then I would suggest you consider jsut having the implants removed first and see how they settle out.  You can always get a lift or new implants later on.

Breast implant removal

+1

The changes that the breast undergo after implant removal depend on the length of time the implant were in place, the quality of the skin, and the amount of breast tissue.

Removal should include removal of the capsule.

If there is a questionfor the need of a lift, it might be difficult to judge prior to surgery. it also depends on your expectations.

have the implant removed, let them settle and heal. If you feel after 6 month you need alift then you can have a more accurate lift.

Removing breast implants

+1

In general, if the implants were sized properly, positioned properly, and healed properly without distortion to the breast and they are removed, the breasts should go back to looking like they would have looked if the implants were never there aside from the incisional scar to put them in and remove them (through the inframammary crease). This does not mean they will look the same as they did when the implants were put it because breasts can change over time and for various reasons other than the implant presence. 

Breast implants do not cause stretch marks and removing them also has no effect on them. Placing breast implants does not lift the breast and removing them does not make the breasts sag. They may look lifted with a properly done implant and they may look saggy when they are removed but the breast does not actually get lifted or sag because of the pillow effect of the implant. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon