TITAN for Smile Lines Around Eyes and Mouth?

I Am a 45 Year Old Dark Strawberry Blue Eyed Blonde. I don't have much sagging skin, but have many lines around the eyes and some around the mouth and between the eyes (I am a smiler). I have tried Fraxel with very little improvement. Would Titan be a good option? I'm not really interested in temporary fillers or Botox.

Titan is NOT for Wrinkles Around the Mouth or Eyes...

+2

All treatments are temporary!  I'm sorry to say but your best results with the most visible improvement would be with Botox or Dysport.  This type of treatment would soften your wrinkles most effectively.  Titan will stimulate collagen productions and tighten skin minimally over time but the wrinkles will still be present due to your muscle movements and facial expressions.  Unfortunately and fortunately, we have great technology and there are a lot of skilled practitioners out there that can keep you looking natural and improve the drastic signs of aging! 

A lot of times patients are misinformed, misled, or not properly educated on Botox and Dysport.  They are great products in the right hands.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens  

Titan is good for tightening loose skin.

+1

Titan is good for tightening loose skin. But it does not usually help lines around the mouth or eyelids. Many patients are disappointed with the results of Fraxel for these lines, especially when done lightly. More aggressive CO2 laser, using less fractionation usually gives better results, but involves a one week recovery.

William P. Coleman III, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Titan is an option for tightening

+1

Titan is really not for lines. Titan, Thermage, Exilis et al appear to be best for tightning the skin. I use it for the jaw line, jowls, brows, and of course, for abdomenal tightening. Those fine etched lines around the mouth are not really eliminated by anything too well. But whatever you do, don't try Botox here or it will drop your smile. Fillers are the best option.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist