45 Lb Weight Loss After Breast Reduction, And They've Deflated. What Can I Do To Improve Appearance? (photo)

I had a BR when I was 17 from 36E to 36D. I was 180 pounds & 5'6 when I had the surgery. 6 years later I've lost 45 pounds and have maintained being 135. I feel I have lost a considerable amount of breast tissue as they are not even half as full or firm anymore. Is there a way to regain the fullness without gaining weight or getting an implant? Would a breast lift work? I am concerned about the fullness not the size of my breasts. After the weight loss my breasts are now a 36C. I am 23.

Breast deflation after weight loss.

+1

A lift would tighten the skin around the breast tissue you have but would not make your breasts any larger.  Breasts shrinking/deflating is one of the downsides of weight loss.

+1

Always could consider a re reduction/lift operation. Best to see in person boarded PSs in your area. 

Deflated at 23

+1

Hi Rookshire, you're not alone.  Great job in losing the weight and keeping it off!  From what I see, your reduction turned out fine with good scar appearance but the deflation is quite evident in the middle photo... your areolas aren't round.  This is a telltale sign of deflation.   On the right photo, with support, they look great.  In order to achieve that an implant may be needed to give you fullness.  I've done tightening procedures on patients after reductions but they often want an implant.  Those that get implants have ALL been happy.  Come in anytime to see me and I'll give you a more detailed option for your improvement

.  The great thing is that you have both options and you will do great with either.  My suggestion is to seriously consider doing a lift without an implant, no added scars and tighten up as much as it can go.  This will improve it greatly but it won't look quite like the photo on the right.  That look is only achievable with more volume (but it commits you to something you don't necessarily want).  I'd be glad to help.

Web reference: http://www.doctormeade.com/dallas-plastic-surgery-photos/breast-reduction/index.html

“Deflated” Breasts after Breast Reduction?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

In my  opinion,  the only predictable way to increase the “homeless” of the breasts  is with breast augmentation. I would suggest in person consultation was well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons and clear communication of what your goals are.

In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.  in your case you could use your own before breast-feeding pictures as the goal. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.  

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

Deflation of breasts after 45 lb. weight loss and breast reduction

+1

Thanks for the photos. A breast lift will re-tighten/rejuvenate your breasts but will not add volume. If you want more significant fullness, then your only realistic and sensible option would be for an appropriately sized implant (which doesn't have to be big). Fat injections have been used for some breast enlargements but there are multiple attendant issues.

You should seek a consultation from one or more reputable board certified plastic surgeons who can examine you and provide you with more precise answers to your questions.

Web reference: http://www.arizonabreast.com

Breast lift

+1

With the loss of volume,. the only way to add volume is with an augmentation. If you jsut want them lifted that would require surgery and incisions but would not in and of itself give more volume.

Breast volume loss following weight loss

+1

Your situation is common in women who undergo breast reduction and then lose a significant amount of weight.  Significant weight loss generally includes loss of fatty tissue (and volume) from the breast.  If you are looking to regain fullness in the upper portion of the breasts, an implant is generally going to be required.  Whether or not you would benefit from a mastopexy (lift) would depend upon your breast appearance with your arms down, and providing an accurate answer to your question would also require a physical examination.  I would therefore recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon, to determine the options available to you to best achieve your goal.

Good luck.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship.  You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board-certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.