Had Restylane Injected into Nasolabial Folds and Now the Sides are Uneven, How Can I Fix this? (photo)

Now it is 45 days after the Restylane injection on nasolabial folds. As you notice the left down side of my nose is became bigger and a little bit lower.do you think it is temporary? How can i fix it? also would you pls tell me if the VITAL is the best choise for filling my skinny face.

Restylane asymmetry

+2
Looking at your photo, it appears that one side of your face is slightly wider than the other. It is possible that Restylane may have exaggerated this asymmetry. You could have more Restylane in the left nasolabial crease as an adjustment and I think this would improve the result.

Restylane is easily adjusted.

+2

However, I think you would benefit from more volume in the left nasolabial fold.  I also think that a tiny bit of volume along the vermillion edge of the lips would make an amazing difference for you without making look like you are in the adult entertainment business.

Vitrase for Restylane Reversal

+2

Hi Ayla.  If you are unhappy with the outcome of your Restylane injections, they can easily be reversed using a product called Vitrase.  Vitrase is an enzyme that breaks down the hyaluronic acid in Restylane and causes it to dissolve.  This is a quick and easy way to get rid of the product and if your injector does not use it we would be happy to help as we are also located in Orange County.

On another note, it would be better to have both the before and after photos to comment on what we could have done differently or what products we would suggest for you if we were to start over.  You can also see before and after photos for the link below that show Restylane results for our patients.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Had Restylane Injected into Nasolabial Folds and Now the Sides are Uneven, How Can I Fix this?

+1

Restylane, Juvederm, Perlane, Radiesse and Sculptra are the most commonly used fillers for facial shaping/contouring including filling in the NLF's.  The fillers themselves offer no inherent magic but must rely upon the aesthetic eye of the MD performing the injections.  Fillers are volumizing treatments that often need to be adjusted and modified with additional material.  be sure that the MD you choose, for your facial contouring, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty.

Uneven melolabial folds after Restylane

+1

After45 days, I thimk it is reasonable to be concerbed about the uneven appearance.

You may not need a full syringe of Restylane to correct this problem and hopefully you will only be charged the cost of the syringe.

Restylane Vital is a form of Restylane not yet approved in the United States.

Always make sure yo are being treated by an experienced, Board Certified Dermatologist.

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist