I Have 44DD and I Am Always in Pain but My Doctor Won't Help Me

I am a size 44DD and I suffer from back aches shoulder pain and my Doctor tells me that he doesn't know of anyone in our area that does breast reductions so he will not refer me . I have been having so much pain that he has me on muscle relaxers . I am so top heavy I can't stand it . My question is since I am on a medicaid card is there anyway that I can go around my Doctor to have this procedure done ?

Breast Reduction and Insurance Coverage?

+1

Based on your description you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery.

Check with the  American  Board of Plastic Surgery  and/or  The American Society of Plastic Surgeons for plastic surgeons appropriately trained and certified. This is a good place to start.

Next evaluate the experience level and quality of results by looking at before and after pictures and examining/talking to patients who have had similar procedures performed.

Once you have done enough due diligence research you will feel comfortable with the plastic surgeon you choose and finances can be discussed.

Breast reduction and insurance and costs

+1

Probably not but our rates are extremely reasonable and you may still qualify through the various financing programs that we have available to our patients. See my video.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Finding a Breast Reduction Surgeon

+1

I can be extremely difficult to find a surgeon who excepts medicaid for breast reduction.  I know several plastic surgeons in Kentucky.  One trained all of us and the others I trained with. If you would email me I can give you those names privately.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Low cost breast reduction

+1

I would recommend contacting plastic surgeon's in your area to see who may accept medicaid. Occasionally the hospital referral service may assist you in your search. Alternatively, if you are near an academic center, surgery under the supervision of teaching faculty could provide you with relief at relatively little cost to you. Liposuction breast reduction may provide you with some relief at a lower cost as well.

My Doctor Won't Help Me

+1

You are in a FREE society, you can go to any Plastic surgeon anywhere. You issue is most do not take medicaid to cover the costs. If you are self paying than call the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Inc. to be referred to a local boarded plastic surgeon. You can ask if they accept medicaid. 

Hard to find Medicaid Surgeon

+1

Around the country, it is extremely hard to find surgeons who are wiling to take on Medicaid patients due to the extremely low reimbursements provided by the state governments that allocate Medicaid dollars. Many surgeons are not willing to do these surgeries for literally pennies on the dollar.  The best thing to do is to go to a hospital that is affiliated with a city or county system, where they are more likely to accept Medicaid patients.  Depending on where you are in Kentucky, I would look at the largest city nearby and see if they have a city or county hospital.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction with Medicaid

+1

As a Kentucky plastic surgeon, I know that it is very difficult to find a plastic surgeon willing to perform a reduction covered by Medicaid.  This because of the ridiculously low reimbursement for this operation which requires a good bit of time to perform.  Your best bet is to see if you can get an appointment in the Residents Clinic at either UK or UL.

John Whitt, MD

Breast reduction

+1

If you are having problems seeking referral to a plastic surgeon for a breast reduction I suggest you call your insurance plan and find out how to go about it.