What procedure is right for me? Should I be at goal weight before surgery? Goal remove excess skin and have a flatten stomach.

Lost 60 lbs this year and very close to my goal weight. Current weight 175 would like to get to 150. I am 5'6'' and a curvy girl (always have been). I want to have a flattened stomach and be able to exercise more comfortably.

Goal weight

+2

Thank you for your question. It is always advisable to be at your goal weight before any surgery esp. TT. Well done on your weight loss. Having reviewed your photos I believe you are a candidate for a lower body lift (LBL). This willgive you a butt lift and augmentaion if needed, lateral thigh lift, TT and monsplasty. Liposuction is almost always done as well to further improve your definition. Consult with an experienced ps doing lots of TT's and LBL's.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Excess Skin

+1

The procedure best suited to remove excess skin of the abdomen is a tummy tuck. From your photographs, it would appear that would be the procedure for you. As for additional weight loss, it is always advisable to be at your goal weight before doing the procedure, so as not to risk any additional loose skin, however 10lbs should not make much difference.

All the best.

Alexander Golger, MD

What procedure is right for me? Should I be at goal weight before surgery? Goal remove excess skin and have a flatten stomach

+1

Tummy tuck after you reach your goal weight would result in a tremendous improvement in contour.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tummy Tuck and Weight Loss

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss! Patients who lose a lot of weight resulting in excess skin are good candidates for a tummy tuck which is one of the most patient pleasing procedures done today. Sometimes the last 10 to 20 pounds can be the most difficult and frustrating, if your weight is stable, the last 10 or 20 pounds probably won't make a lot of difference. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Tummy tuck

+1

Thanks for your question. Best to get to your goal weight first. Then you would be a great candidate for a tummy tuck. Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Great job losing your excess weight!

+1

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your very successful weight loss. You are definitely doing it the right way; losing the weight first and then looking to have plastic surgery to get rid of the excess skin and tighten your muscles. Although an exam would be necessary to determine what would be best for you, it looks like you would be a good candidate for either a standard tummy tuck or a lower body lift to get rid of excess skin on the flanks which also provides somewhat of a buttock lift. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon.

J. McMahan,M.D. (Columbus, OH)

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Goal weight before surgery?

+1

It is best to be near or close to your goal weight before surgery. Congratulations, you are almost there. This would give you the best cosmetic result. This would also avoid loose skin if you had the surgery first and continued to lose weight.

Michelle Hardaway, MD
Farmington Plastic Surgeon

Best Procedure for Abdominal Wall after Weight Loss?

+1

Congratulations on your significant weight loss; you should be very proud of this accomplishment. Ideally, you will do best if you have achieved your goal weight before surgery but at this point you are very close to being ready in my opinion.

You will benefit from operations such as tummy tuck surgery, extended tummy tuck surgery, or lower body lifting. Much will depend on your specific goals, best determined during in-person consultation.

When the time is right, see consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons. Ask to see lots of examples of their work helping patients in your situation.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.