Im 44 Turning 45 and Contemplating Mini Face Lift or Mid Face Lift? (photo)

I find that I have cheek fat on the tops of my cheeks that leave a shadow and make me look tired also there is noticeable staging around the mouth and find that the mouth is sloping downwards and leaving heaviness around that area. I ve been told its to early for a procedure and don't need it but I see the changes and I hate it

Update: http://www.realself.com/question/follow-my-question7

Im 44 Turning 45 and Contemplating Mini Face Lift

+1
Dear sam, thank you for your question. A mini facelift can improve the jawline and neck , and in some cases the cheeks. Our La Jolla Lift procedure is performed with gentle twilight sedation. Consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to see what your best option is. Good Luck!

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Im 44 Turning 45 and Contemplating Mini Face Lift or Mid Face Lift?

+1

I think that a miniface lift and fat grafting to the areas of loss seem reasonable options based upon the description and picture. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facelifts, necklifts, facelift revisions, and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Facial rejuvenation

+1

It looks like you could benefit from volume whether by fat injection or absorbable fillers.  You may also need a small lift but an exam in person is key.

Volume Replacement or Mini Lift May Help Early Facial Aging

+1

Thank you for your question.  I do agree that it is early for you to contemplate a mini facelift.  You do have the beginning of nasolabial folds and this is most likely caused by volume loss in the cheek due to fat atrophy.  My honest opinion based on the photographs is that volume restoration by fat injection or dermal filler injection into the cheek area may well give you the look you want to achieve without having to undergo surgery.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Faeliftc

+1

Based on the picture posted, there is the beginning of aging process, what you have described. In person examination and discussion with you about your expectation and desires is needed to plan the proper surgery. However based on the picture, you will benefit from a mini facelift

Mini Facelift combined with Fat Injections

+1

Certainly agree that your needs are subtle but in reading your areas of concern and looking at the photo provided I think that a Mini Facelift combined with fat injections to your cheeks would provide a nice rejuvenated look to your face without overdoing things.

The Mini Facelift would naturally improve the look of your jawline and the fat injections could provide volume to your cheeks which would look refreshing and eliminate the shadowing effect that you are noticing. Both procedures can be done in an effective but conservative way to really address your concerns without having you look "plasticized".

The corners of your mouth can be helped with a filler like Juvederm Ultra - granted it's not permanent but it's easy to do and looks good. It's important to note that there is no face lift technique that will help the corners of the mouth.

Mini Facelifts when done properly have become an excellent option for patients in their 40's and 50's who want a refreshed look.

Good Luck,

Dr. J

Kamran Jafri, MD