Age 44, 5'6", 117lb, 36B - 400cc for a D Cup?

I Am 44 and in Excellent Shape 5'6 117lbs I Am Now a 36B is 400cc to Much to Achieve D ? breast feeding and weight lifting over the years have my breast with less fat I do want to have a nice size chest but it looks to me each person gets such a different result with 400cc's. I hope you can advise with your experience with a similiar patient. Thank you. My surgeon said 400cc by the way.

How to pick breast implant sizes

+2

How to pick breast implant sizes

Article by George J. Beraka, MD
Manhattan Plastic Surgeon1) This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2) It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3) Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4) Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy. The most common mistake is to go too big.

5) I recommend that the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6) The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7) Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8) Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating roon inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast Implant size for 36D

+1

Dear Fancie,  Thank you for asking your Q.  Simply - 400cc will give you 2 cup size increase - so Yes - you will be a D cup.  However, remember that "cup" size varies depending on what bras you wear, so cup size alone is not a good way to decide on your result.  You should show your Plastic surgeon photos of what you like and do not like.  Also try different sizes to gauge what you desire.  I find many of my patients are greatly helped by 3D imaging with the Vectra system to give a realistic view of what you would like to achieve.  Hope that this is helpful and good luck.

Christopher J. Inglefield, MBBS, FRCS
London Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant sizing

+1

t is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Choosing a breast implant

+1

I have written several articles on realself under my profile with references to selection that may be of benefit to you. You are technically underweight and this may mean that the implant may be more prominent or visible. I would encourage you to consider an under the muscle placement but this also may vary accoirding to the amount of sag and thickness of your breast tissue. Meet with at least one plastic surgeon to discuss sizing. The time is well worth it

Choosing an implant size

+1

Breast implant sizing involves a personalized approach to your breast anatomy, your overall goals, and the types of implants available to match them. The "look" from a breast augmentation is an amalgam of the implant and the natural breast, hence why 400cc implants look very different from woman to woman. If you are unsure as to whether the implant size/shape recommended by your plastic surgeon is right for you, I recommend getting a few additional opinions from other plastic surgeons. 400cc is considered by many to be a "large" implant, however without an exam it is difficult to give you any recommendations as to whether this is too large for you.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation 400 cc

+1

Each patient will have some individual nuances in their result when having a breast enhancement.  With your history of weight lifting and breast feeding you likely have excess skin which will fill out well with volume increase.  Overall I think diameter is the most important dimension that will lead to an optimal result.  If this implant is comparable to in diameter to your breast diameter then I think this will be to your liking.  Consult with your surgeon and best of luck to you.

Tal Raine MD

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

It is hard to tell exactly what is going on...I appreciate your including your current measurements and cup-size. I find it tough to trust every patient's stated cup size as the bra companies have yet to standardize this measurement....so I measure each patient individually in my office. If you were to measure a 36B, great! If not, I go with whatever size I measured you at. By doing this, I level the playing field so that the patient and I are on the same wavelength and I can estimate the volume (in ccs) that they wish to increase, because, one cup size increase historically equals about 150-200ccs. That said, 400 ccs will give you about a 2 cup size increase, give or take.

The reason 400cc implants look different on individual patients can be due to a number of factors. First, different skin and soft tissue characteristics and different breast anatomy before surgery (tubular, ptosis, constricted,etc.), use of different style/projection implants and even, in my opinion, use of saline versus silicone can ALL give different results in different patients.

I use a 3D imager of each individual patient in my office so that they can see for themselves what different styles and sizes of implants MIGHT look like on their body....patients LOVE this technology and it certainly helps facilitate their decision.

I hope this helps!

Good Luck-

Dr. C

johnconnorsmd.com

John Philip Connors III, MD, FACS

Choosing implants for the breasts

+1

Choosing the right size breast implant for you is performed during consultation with your doctor after a thorough exam.

400cc for a D Cup

+1

A photo would be extremely helpful. My guess is a 450 cc HP or bigger. Seek in person consults from boarded plastic surgeons in your area. Try Dr. Guy, Becker, Matos in your part of the state. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091